Random Thoughts

dll2000

9 minutes ago, The_Romen said:
2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's just some people getting caught in their feelings and I understand why. But I can understand this POV too because I believe the majority of these people are just rioting just to riot---those are the real idiots.

Can't get behind that.

You are essentially agreeing with everything I just said. 

8 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

The people rioting are tired of seeing this tragedy happen over and over every day on tv. At some point, when nothing else is working, everyone reaches a tipping point. Hopefully it can open eyes and the country can fix what's going on with itself, but it's going to take massive overhauls.

I agree. To a point. 

And I said, "SOME of these PEOPLE are just getting caught in their feelings and I understand why".

You said "THE PEOPLE rioting are tired....".

SOME people and THE PEOPLE are totally different there.

12 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Those people looting were going to take advantage of any situation they could just to loot.

And these are the same people who I was talking about when I said "...the majority of these people are just rioting just to riot".

I just don't want the coverage to be on rioting and looting. That's just a way of discrediting the people that want to change things for the better. Definitely think the majority of people there are there to be heard.

We may be getting too political for this board though. Oops.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's just some people getting caught in their feelings and I understand why. But I can understand this POV too because I believe the majority of these people are just rioting just to riot---those are the real idiots.

And as other have said @Bowler1215, I appreciate the dedication and work that you others are doing for the community. 

Thank you

12 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I just don't want the coverage to be on rioting and looting. That's just a way of discrediting the people that want to change things for the better. Definitely think the majority of people there are there to be heard.

We may be getting too political for this board though. Oops.

The pandemic, and the overall political situation, nationally, factors into everything heavily. I understand what's going down.

I just wish people had better restraint...I mean, there IS a global pandemic going on...

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 6:12 PM, Heinz D. said:

I just wish people had better restraint...I mean, there IS a global pandemic going on...

Idiots like these people are the ones you see filling up beaches and parks already like the COVID virus is no longer a threat. it's ******* sick. 

Every year I take my family on a camp trip in June where we rent a isolated personnel house/cabin in the middle of the woods but still relatively close to civilization (within 30-45 minute drive) so that we can all still enjoy the different beaches, parks, restaurants, trails, and other tourist attractions around the area. I always booked this in early January or February because they fill up fast. So when this pandemic began my wife and I was unsure if we wanted to cancel it altogether and get a refund from airbnb or wait it out and see if things got better. I wanted to cancel because I didn't see that happening at all and I was afraid the kids would get bored but my wife still wanted to go.

So anyhow, I didn't cancel and we are still going (there is plenty of things to do at the cabin; we have a nice size pond to swim and fish with a raft and canoe, a pool table, hot tub, Jacuzzi, about 60 acres of woods with trails, video games, board games that are already provided, campfire, etc. )

But we have all agreed that even though they have opened some spots back up, we are just going to stay at the cabin the entire time and are not going to be doing all of the things we usually do. Because I'm not going to responsible for this virus outbreak and potentially get others killed because of my own greed if I can help it. Even though things have started to open up more, my family and I are still treating this like everything is shutdown and I wish more people would do the same. It's called trying to HELP the situation and NOT make things worse for others. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

But we have all agreed that even though they have opened some spots back up, we are just going to stay at the cabin the entire time and are not going to be doing all of the things we usually do. Because I'm not going to responsible for this virus outbreak and potentially get others killed because of my own greed if I can help it. Even though things have started to open up more, my family and I are still treating this like everything is shutdown and I wish more people would do the same. It's called trying to HELP the situation and NOT make things worse for others. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Even though things have started to open up more, my family and I are still treating this like everything is shutdown and I wish more people would do the same. It's called trying to HELP the situation and NOT make things worse for others. 

A bakery near me opened back up, and was serving folks from their little side window. People decided to line up for window service as close together as they could, like things were suddenly back to normal because the bakery was open. Nobody was wearing masks. The agony of this pandemic is just getting drawn out by the day. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 1:10 PM, Heinz D. said:

A bakery near me opened back up, and was serving folks from their little side window. People decided to line up for window service as close together as they could, like things were suddenly back to normal because the bakery was open. Nobody was wearing masks. The agony of this pandemic is just getting drawn out by the day. 

What makes it worse is that I bet some those people have known at least one person die or get severely sick because of this virus. 

Greedy *** people. Just like these all these morons out there looting and destroying small businesses and families. It's sick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Hi guys.  My surgery went well, I've been recovering for the last few days and will continue to do so.  I still feel sore at times, but that's expected.  In time, I'll be better.

I missed all that. (Or think I did.) :S What was your surgery? 

Edited by Heinz D.