Random Thoughts

dll2000

51 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

The mood swings of Bears fans this offseason are hilrious wild.  We went from dejected and writing off 2021, to being super pumped about Fields and debating whether he'd get 12 or 13 super bowls, and now we're back to 2022. 

Hoping Nagy gets it together and they can patch together an OL and CB room, but if he gets fired at the end of the season I'm not bent.  Just hoping nothing screws up Fields.

General fans snap back and forth. I'm in the same seat I was when we got Fields. Excited for him, but having him under Nagy is as big of a waste for him as Tru having his rookie year under Fox. Hopefully Nagy puts him in a position to grow and succeed but I'm not getting on it. I've bashed Nagy's "offense" since his GB in 2018. 

50 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think anyone wants Nagy fired..

I do... 😅

I wanted Nagy replaced last season and want him gone. But hes here and it isn't my decision, so I hope he seriously exceeds my expectations. They're low so if not he needs canned (still). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

General fans snap back and forth. I'm in the same seat I was when we got Fields. Excited for him, but having him under Nagy is as big of a waste for him as Tru having his rookie year under Fox. Hopefully Nagy puts him in a position to grow and succeed but I'm not getting on it. I've bashed Nagy's "offense" since his GB in 2018. 

I do... 😅

I wanted Nagy replaced last season and want him gone. But hes here and it isn't my decision, so I hope he seriously exceeds my expectations. They're low so if not he needs canned (still). 

What I mean is no one wants the Bears to be bad enough to warrant him being sacked...as a man I think Nagy is actually a really good guy...I even think he is a quality leader...but when you bring in an offensive mind he better make that side of the ball significantly better...and he just doesn't...that is clearly what has been holding us back and it needs to change rapidly.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

What I mean is no one wants the Bears to be bad enough to warrant him being sacked...as a man I think Nagy is actually a really good guy...I even think he is a quality leader...but when you bring in an offensive mind he better make that side of the ball significantly better...and he just doesn't...that is clearly what has been holding us back and it needs to change rapidly.

Seems to me that there are only a few really great coaches. Lot of other guys that have success are doing a good enough job and have talent and luck for a season or two.  Following SB wins haven't you had to listen to someone describe the genius of, like, Mike McCarthy or Pete Carroll?

Nagy is likeable so I generally like him. I think he's a pretty good leader, and (sorry I say this a lot) I have no idea what his offense is actually supposed to be. Some things I think he does very well and other things have my boring the **** out of wife while I angrily gesture at the TV. I think he could win a SB if he has a great QB and the Bears get a little lucky next couple years. If they fire him I think the odds of getting a better coach are about as good as getting worse.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Idk... if Fields can stay healtht and grow and thr defense falls apart i could be enticed by a top 5 pick. That's a great start to rebuilding the OL or defensive backfield. I've been on record is rather make the playoffs of ne a top pick on the draft... Lol. While I am somewhat tongue in cheek with that, if rather that happen honestly. I could easily see 7-10 getting us right outside the wildcard picture so he gets another shot. A 4-13 season and at least we know he's gone. 

I have no issue with Nagy as a guy, he seems like a cool guy for the most part. My issues with him are football related. When I had management that wasn't up to snuff I replaced them, but his spot is a more costly and complex situation to replace. Like you pointed out, he's holding the Bears back. It wants only Tru, and absolutely wasn't only Nagy, but they both were integral to each other's failings. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Idk... if Fields can stay healtht and grow and thr defense falls apart i could be enticed by a top 5 pick. That's a great start to rebuilding the OL or defensive backfield. I've been on record is rather make the playoffs of ne a top pick on the draft... Lol.

No first rounder this year due to the Fields trade 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

But Mike, you're assuming he even has an ability you change while many of us, me included, believe that he cannot.  I don't believe he has the willingness to think outside of whatever "box" he creates.  His ego along with his insecurities control him far too much.   JMHO

6 hours ago, soulman said:

But Mike, you're assuming he even has an ability you change while many of us, me included, believe that he cannot.  I don't believe he has the willingness to think outside of whatever "box" he creates.  His ego along with his insecurities control him far too much.   JMHO

And your making the assumption that he can't change when given the best QB options he has ever had here...it's the chicken and the egg...who was holding who back? Was Nagy no good for those QBs or were those QBs so bad they gave Nagy no shot? This is the season that question is answered for the simple fact of Dalton is a good not great level experienced QB in the NFL and Fields is an uber talented all be it rookie one...if he can't make it work with either of them then it's not about changing...it's about flat out being bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

And your making the assumption that he can't change when given the best QB options he has ever had here...it's the chicken and the egg...who was holding who back? Was Nagy no good for those QBs or were those QBs so bad they gave Nagy no shot? This is the season that question is answered for the simple fact of Dalton is a good not great level experienced QB in the NFL and Fields is an uber talented all be it rookie one...if he can't make it work with either of them then it's not about changing...it's about flat out being bad.

I'm pretty sure this was said last offseason also when the Bears got Foles, either way I don't care anymore I can't control it nor do I have any say in it. But if Fields shows he is the QB and the offense is still dysfunctional then Nagy better be gone.

21 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'm pretty sure this was said last offseason also when the Bears got Foles, either way I don't care anymore I can't control it nor do I have any say in it. But if Fields shows he is the QB and the offense is still dysfunctional then Nagy better be gone.

I think it is clear Dalton is a major upgrade over Foles...I do however agree that if Nagy can't get something out of Dalton or more importantly Fields then it is the end of the road for him for sure.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is clear Dalton is a major upgrade over Foles...I do however agree that if Nagy can't get something out of Dalton or more importantly Fields then it is the end of the road for him for sure.

But I don't think Dalton is an upgrade over Trubisky, at least with what he has shown the last three or four years. Just go back and look at the thread when Dalton was signed.