Random Thoughts

dll2000

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

OK Man, you have been a pretty dark place lately, everything OK?

(also you can tape a bunch of straight pasta together with the ends of the noodles arranged on a bias and when you're done you have a spike that'll go through drywall but only dent a stud)

Please refrain from referencing the pasta's sexual orientation...

• Like 3

On 8/13/2021 at 9:38 PM, Sugashane said:

So whats everyone's favorite beer? MGD, Guinness, and Red Stripe are mine.

I just was given 5 bottles of Two Hearted Ale and after trying one I am confused why my neighbor is mad at me. It's absolute trash. 

Edit - Grapefruit! I taste it! No wonder I hate it. Explains why I tasted sadness when I drank it  

Two Hearted is based out of my neck of the woods. Pretty neat. I hate IPA’s though, can’t do it. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 8:47 AM, dll2000 said:

I can’t really drink as I have gout, but when I do I prefer wine to beer. 

My good friend got diagnosed with gout a couple years ago but still goes through a 5th of whiskey a night

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

My good friend got diagnosed with gout a couple years ago but still goes through a 5th of whiskey a night

If you take the Allopurinal you can do that (to an extent) and not get the attacks.  

It is a daily drug with side effects though, and no drug is good for you even if you don't feel them.   Plus, it isn't free unless you are on medicaid or the like.  

It is also a progressive disease, meaning it gets worse over time.   Your friend is being a fool IMO.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If you take the Allopurinal you can do that (to an extent) and not get the attacks.  

It is a daily drug with side effects though, and no drug is good for you even if you don't feel them.   Plus, it isn't free unless you are on medicaid or the like.  

It is also a progressive disease, meaning it gets worse over time.   Your friend is being a fool IMO.

He’s not doing himself any favors. His flare ups are bad but don’t seem to be that often (yet). He has like elephantitus of the thumbs lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Two Hearted is based out of my neck of the woods. Pretty neat. I hate IPA’s though, can’t do it. 

I'm usually not huge on them either but saw the reviews and got excited. Should have read on it a bit, freaking grapefruit? Nasty. 🤢

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

He’s not doing himself any favors. His flare ups are bad but don’t seem to be that often (yet). He has like elephantitus of the thumbs lol

If he keeps his weight down, exercises some, avoids red meat, organ meats and alcohol and drinks lots of water (I only drink water and coffee and some OJ in morning) you can go many years between any issues.   It effectively cures you until you break discipline.  

Daily tart cherry pill supplements help a ton too.  

If you do feel an attack coming on, you can have some Colchicine on hand and if you take it early you won’t get the attack or it will take the attack down to a few days at most.    Colchine will wreck your digestive system though so it is to be avoided as a regular remedy IMO.

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Same here.  Certain beers trigger my allergies including IPAs.  Waaaay too "hoppy".

I could never get into the boutique uber craft beer thing.  Maybe it's a throwback to my Wisconsin teenage beer party days when we drank whatever we could get our hands on.

I more typically stick with my Bloody Beers and if you're gonna mix a good Bloody Mary mix or recipe with a beer any mundane soda pop beer will do.  So I usually choose Coors or Bud if I'm in a bar or buy Chelada at a liquor store.....or I make my own.

So Benjamin Albright is once again eluding to some secret reason why the Broncos passed on Fields.  He mentions that his epilepsy had something to do with it, but was only one piece of the puzzle.  I hate that he does this and is so vague about it.  He was doing this right after the draft as well.  I believe he knows something more, and i dont think it’s anything especially bad, but why not just come right out and say it?

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

So Benjamin Albright is once again eluding to some secret reason why the Broncos passed on Fields.  He mentions that his epilepsy had something to do with it, but was only one piece of the puzzle.  I hate that he does this and is so vague about it.  He was doing this right after the draft as well.  I believe he knows something more, and i dont think it’s anything especially bad, but why not just come right out and say it?

Old Takes Exposed will (hopefully) have their way with him in a few years. During the Dolphins game he was saying "see?!" when Fields was 2-4, as if 4 passes in a preseason game outweighs 2 weeks of good practice. When Fields started cooking he changed his tune to "well... Surtain is going to be really good!"

I have a friend who coaches in college football. He told me from all accounts Fields has a great work ethic who's a good leader that everyone loves. His only concern is Fields is a vegan and sometimes those guys don't recover well or as quickly after games. Tom Brady, however, has done just fine for himself.

Edited by beardown3231

I like Albright a lot and think he's generally on the ball.  My take on his "it's all part of a rich tapestry" bull**** is that the epilepsy gave the Broncos pause, but they also had a high high grade on Surtain, plus they may have thought they're getting Rodgers.  Literally the only knowledgable source that doesn't seem to like Fields, so hopefully it's other factors+medical and not something we have to worry about. Hopefully.  He's not a BSer so imagine part of it is protecting his sources in the team he covers, as it's pretty bizarre for the Broncos to have that QB room and pass on both QBs.  The annoying this is that no one is dragging them for passing on Jones even though he has apparently looked good too. 

Good luck to all today!  Wish the game was on sunday as I'm prepping a half dozen slabs of ribs for smoking today but won't see meat until tomorrow. Truly a tragedy of our times. 

My boy has a 57 yard TD run. They used his as the wing and he pull blocked 3 times from a motion and ran in the 6 and 5 gaps. Then they did a jet sweep with him and he never got touched. 

We made a goal line stand to end the 2nd. Up 7 nothing at half. 

I missed this bad. 

Edit - Won 14-7, our QB/CB got kicked out of the game and nearly cost us the game - fighting after the play and taunting/cussing right after the play. Ben had to take over at QB and clearly wasn't practiced there. Timing was off for everything  and he threw an INT when he thought the WR ran a flying it was a shallow post. 

Kids was so pissed at his play bit the coaches were ecstatic that he stepped in like he did. Came home and had to throw around to relax. Lol. 

• Like 4

I'm getting these flies around my place...that don't look, or move, like normal flies at all.

I've been searching the internet for answers as to just WTF is going on, but as of yet have not gotten anything substantial.

This is truly weird stuff. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm getting these flies around my place...that don't look, or move, like normal flies at all.

I've been searching the internet for answers as to just WTF is going on, but as of yet have not gotten anything substantial.

This is truly weird stuff. 

There's a theory that birds aren't real (Facebook group confirms it), the government has killed and replaced them with drones to spy on citizens. That's why they can sit on powerlines and not get shocked - because they are charging (ignore the fact they aren't grounded lol).

Maybe the government has teamed with a Microsoft and Amazon to make even smaller drones. Flies that are "irregular" sound like a solid candidate. Have you... done anything... that would cause big brother to watch you, Doctor?

• Like 1