The Week 12 Thread!

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you.  I'm just saying what I'm seeing with the rankings so far.  Right now, the committee has shown zero desire to reward Cincinnati for their schedule (Notre Dame and co.) especially with how they've looked the past few weeks.  Week 10, they were ranked 6th with the only undefeated teams ranked below them Oklahoma (who looked awful) and Wake Forest (who nobody thought was any good).  They were behind 3 one-loss teams.  They moved up ONE spot after Michigan State lost.  It seems clear that they're not that high on Cincinnati and looking for a reason not to rank them in the top 4.  Do they deserve it?  Probably by default.

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

And my point still stands

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And they do the AAC?

I mean you're not wrong, but they did have cincy above oklahoma. I think cincy was always just next in line behind sec x2, pac 12 champ, and big 10 champ. now that oregon faltered, cincy slides in. 

just my opinion of course. and I know we're all just guessing what the committee will do. who the hell knows. 

46 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I mean you're not wrong, but they did have cincy above oklahoma. I think cincy was always just next in line behind sec x2, pac 12 champ, and big 10 champ. now that oregon faltered, cincy slides in. 

just my opinion of course. and I know we're all just guessing what the committee will do. who the hell knows. 

Does that speak more to how good Cincinnati looked or how bad Oklahoma looked prior to last week?  Oklahoma has been sleepwalking throughout most of the season.  Aside from their win against Texas Tech, Oklahoma has looked like anything but a playoff team, but they remained unbeaten until they lost to Baylor last weekend.  And I'd argue that Cincinnati has sleepwalked through the last few weeks prior to today's game against SMU.  I just don't have any reason to believe the committee is going to find a non-P5 team in the playoffs without there being a clear situation to have them in.