The Week 12 Thread!

MikeT14

If Cincinnati ends up beating Ohio State in the NCG it will send shockwaves not only throughout CFB but in the state of Ohio.

It would establish UC-OSU as a legitimate rivalry, and provide UC with means of replacing the Miami RedHawks with OSU on their annual OOC schedule once they join the Big 12.

31 minutes ago, pf9 said:

If Cincinnati ends up beating Ohio State in the NCG it will send shockwaves not only throughout CFB but in the state of Ohio.

It would establish UC-OSU as a legitimate rivalry, and provide UC with means of replacing the Miami RedHawks with OSU on their annual OOC schedule once they join the Big 12.

easy now

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So if Alabama loses to Georgia:

Georrgia

OSU

Cincinnati

Winner of Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State? Notre Dame?

I still think's a variation that if Alabama loses closely (or on a bad call), Alabama would still make the playoffs.  Not a big chance, but still a small chance.

Cincinnati just needs to look good and keep winning and they will be fine. Assuming Georgia beats Alabama. I would think they would be the number three seed in that case, even. The debate would seem to be over #4 at that point. If Ohio State were to win out, I would think they would be the number two or number three seed no matter what, without really having a chance at #1. So I would think their first round matchup would more than likely be with Cincinnati and there wouldn’t really be a potential groundbreaking Ohio national championship matchup regardless of what happens. Alabama beating Georgia and Cincinnati being the number for seed would change that possibility. I’m not sure how at this point Cincinnati could get left out if they went out and looked good. Who would pass them? Notre Dame can’t, they lost to them. As far as résumé goes and eye test even, I’m not even sure how you put an Oklahoma State ahead of them if they were to win out. 

Assuming things happen that we project, it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out.

If Georgia beat Alabama which seems to be likely at this point, they are the obvious #1. Can you have the Big Ten champion if it is Ohio State or Michigan, #3 is UC, And #4 is up for the debate. If Bama beats Georgia, they are the #1 followed by Big Ten Champ/UGA in whatever order then UC. If Wisconsin beats Michigan/Ohio State, that re-does some of this but you get the point. 

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So if Alabama loses to Georgia:

Georrgia

OSU

Cincinnati

Winner of Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State? Notre Dame?

If Alabama loses:

1. Georgia vs. 4. Alabama(close loss thing) or Oklahoma St or ND depending on their finishing out. 

2 Ohio St. vs. 3. Cincy

If Alabama wins:

1. Alabama vs. 4. Cincy

2. Ohio St. vs. 3. Georgia

If Alabama AND Ohio State lose:

1. Georgia vs. 4. Oklahoma St/ND

2. Cincy vs. 3. Michigan

If just Ohio St loses:

1. Alabama vs. 4. Michigan

2. Cincy vs. 3. Georgia

Now, what would be ultra chaotic would be for Alabama to lose to Auburn and then beat Georgia, Michigan to beat Ohio St and then lose to Wisconsin, Stanford to topple ND,. and Oklahoma to beat OkSt.