The Week 12 Thread!

MikeT14

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger. It won’t. UC will be stuck at 5 for another week.

i'd be shocked if michigan was 4 this week. that jump would come if they beat ohio state.

1 georgia

2 alabama

3 ohio state

4 cincy

5 michigan

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

11-0. Have beaten a 10-1 top 6 team. They are in. 

I'm not saying it's super likely, but I could see them opting for a one-loss Oklahoma State team with late wins over what should be top 10 teams in Oklahoma (Bedlam) and Baylor (Big 12 championship).

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying it's super likely, but I could see them opting for a one-loss Oklahoma State team with late wins over what should be top 10 teams in Oklahoma (Bedlam) and Baylor (Big 12 championship).

Still makes no sense. Notre Dame is going to finish 11-1 and Cincinnati beat them. ND isn't going to fall very far below, if at all, behind any Big 12 team.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I really don't think so. the committee does not hold the big 12 in high regard. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Still makes no sense. Notre Dame is going to finish 11-1 and Cincinnati beat them. ND isn't going to fall very far below, if at all, behind any Big 12 team.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you.  I'm just saying what I'm seeing with the rankings so far.  Right now, the committee has shown zero desire to reward Cincinnati for their schedule (Notre Dame and co.) especially with how they've looked the past few weeks.  Week 10, they were ranked 6th with the only undefeated teams ranked below them Oklahoma (who looked awful) and Wake Forest (who nobody thought was any good).  They were behind 3 one-loss teams.  They moved up ONE spot after Michigan State lost.  It seems clear that they're not that high on Cincinnati and looking for a reason not to rank them in the top 4.  Do they deserve it?  Probably by default.