Week 11: Miami at NY Jets

KimuraGod

Bad teams find a way to lose games like that, huh?

• Flacco throws for 291 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs (though lost a fumble in the red zone) passer rating over 100.
  • Our RBs rush for over 5 YPC.
  • We get a rare interception on defense.

... and we're still staring at a 10 point deficit with less than a minute to go. And had only scored 14 points by then.

But some of the young guys looked good, and that's what's important. If we keep hitting on guys in the draft like Moore, AVT, and the Michael Carters, surely even the Jets can improve into a vaguely .500 team over time.

2 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Bad teams find a way to lose games like that, huh?

• Flacco throws for 291 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs (though lost a fumble in the red zone) passer rating over 100.
  • Our RBs rush for over 5 YPC.
  • We get a rare interception on defense.

... and we're still staring at a 10 point deficit with less than a minute to go. And had only scored 14 points by then.

But some of the young guys looked good, and that's what's important. If we keep hitting on guys in the draft like Moore, AVT, and the Michael Carters, surely even the Jets can improve into a vaguely .500 team over time.

Defense and special yes screwed the pooch big time today. Two Miami drives were extended by bad third down penalties the led to points. Those two missed field goals were back breakers too. Hit those and instead of settling for that fg at the end we would have taken some shots into the endzone to tie or win.

We aren't good enough to survive those kind of issues.

Also, while flacco did put up good stats, a good chunk of it was thanks to Moore. Flacco took some terrible sacks and that failure to get a play on after Michael carters big run was unacceptable. This guy is supposed to be a vet and that was rookie level.

The bottom line is we lost to another bad team. The young Jet players play great, but the veteran free agent players we have on defensive are terrible only Mosley is a first class player. And we still have a ton of work to do on the O line. Looks like Becton, is going to eat his way out of the NFL. It almost 800pm time to put on a Hall

mark Christmas movie on.

Edited by doumeyer

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Flacco sucked and I know Miami blitzed a lot but we didn't take any shots down field.

Neither did Miami, I think they only went down field two times. Flacco doesn't suck, but he should not be talking playing from our young guys, I was dead against him playing. So he played and what did that prove?? I also said Sunday morning that by tonight New England would be in first place, and that is what really ticks me off. Just another lousy Sunday for us.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The bottom line is we lost to another bad team. The young Jet players play great, but the veteran free agent players we have on defensive are terrible only Mosley is a first class player. And we still have a ton of work to do on the O line. Looks like Becton, is going to eat his way out of the NFL. It almost 800pm time to put on a Hall

mark Christmas movie on.

Mosley looks lost out there 

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We’re running a defense predicated on consistent front 4 pressure with absolutely no pressure from the front 4.

It's true.

I wonder how different the D will look with Lawson and Huff both there. And, do I dare to dream, Thibodeaux? Or at least Aidan Hutchinson.

We've lived without edge pressure for a long time here, but it sure feels like we cannot run Saleh's defense without it. Gotta invest in it enough that one injury can't tank your whole defense.

Sadly, this game put the Dolphins ahead in the all-time series 56-55-1

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/miami-dolphins/teamvsteam?opp=22

We're fast running out of opponents we have an all-time winning record over: https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/opponents

Biggest surprise: Green Bay (8-5).

But at least with the new schedule we get a bonus chance to finally beat the Eagles for the first time in franchise history.

I'd like to see the Jets use Mosely like Dallas used Parsons last night.  Parsons is an off ball LB (at least he was at PSU).  Dallas had him blitzing from the edge and he was very effective.  Mosely is fast and may be able to generate a little blitz pressure coming off the edge.  This is opposed to trying to blitz through the B gap all the time.  Change it up, Ulbrich.

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

I'd like to see the Jets use Mosely like Dallas used Parsons last night.  Parsons is an off ball LB (at least he was at PSU).  Dallas had him blitzing from the edge and he was very effective.  Mosely is fast and may be able to generate a little blitz pressure coming off the edge.  This is opposed to trying to blitz through the B gap all the time.  Change it up, Ulbrich.

And then whos tackling at the 2nd level? Dallas can do that bc they have Vander Esch and Neal to tackle at that next level when they do send Parsons. We don't have other good players to tackle after Mosley in the 2nd level right now.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And then whos tackling at the 2nd level? Dallas can do that bc they have Vander Esch and Neal to tackle at that next level when they do send Parsons. We don't have other good players to tackle after Mosley in the 2nd level right now.

Well tackling at the second level ain't working so well now.  I get your point, but I'd try it anyway.  What's the worse than can happen?  A big gain.  Disguise it and creep Mosley towards the hash marks.  Maybe sneak the S towards the middle closer to the line.  I dunno, I just want to see something different without "violating" the great schematic concepts we currently have.  A tweak if you will.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheChad said:

It's true.

I wonder how different the D will look with Lawson and Huff both there. And, do I dare to dream, Thibodeaux? Or at least Aidan Hutchinson.

We've lived without edge pressure for a long time here, but it sure feels like we cannot run Saleh's defense without it. Gotta invest in it enough that one injury can't tank your whole defense.

Thibodeaux/Hutchinson plus healthy Lawson and Huff would definitely change how this defense looks.  As long as two LBers are added in FA and high in the draft, we could see a SF turnaround like when they drafted Bosa.