Ravens vs. Bears, 11/21/21

beardown3231

Not much to really say on this game other than it's really becoming clear that Nagy is a joke and embarassment

I'm no longer even mad that we're losing.. I'm just finding myself shaking my head each and every game now.

The dumb coaching decisions just keep compounding week after week, and to top it off coming out of a bye week, just a bad look.

I thought the offensive game plan was very conservative early on in the game, and I don't think Fields looked all that great either before going down with the injury, as he did have a few  passes that were inaccurate and with the turnover...he has to do a better job of protecting the ball by tucking it away when running. 

I also thought he looked to the run too early instead of going through his progressions. Was definitely a step back after two back to back solid outings against SF & PIT but that's going to happen, especially with a rookie QB playing in a dog **** offense.

Hard for me to lay too much blame on Fields right now because it's evident that this offense is just a disorganized mess.

As for the defense...whatever good impression Sean Desai made at some point this season has completely faded away.

Same thing goes as they look disorganized and lost on the backend.

I understand that Vildor and Bush aren't good players, but that's not an excuse for guys being out of position so often in crucial moments of the game.

I'm so ready to hit the reset button on this whole entire staff. Sorry to say this because these guys are all human and have families etc, but they're doing a piss poor job and don't deserve to continue 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 5

I haven't even read the thread.   But I bet I know exactly how it reads.

Poor Nagy.   This has to be the final nail.   Only question is if Pace is staying.

Nagy's one chance was to have Fields look good in 2nd half of season.   If he is out then it is curtains.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

Quinn came to play football this year at least.

Roquan was playing hard too it looked like.

This was a weird game plan - offense and defense.

Weird meaning dumb.  Real dumb.

I mean just the first 2 plays of game.   Why wouldn't you just stack the hell of out of box? 

Why wouldn't you make them pass on early downs and play screen, off on 3rd and long?

Why would you give them 1 on 1 coverage when they desperately needed big plays?  That is when you play safe.

Nothing made any sense.   Don't get me started on offense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'd say let him rest. If it was bad enough for him to exit the game yesterday I don't see how he'll be good to play in such a short turnaround this Thursday. I know Fields is a tough as nails but still...

Besides he doesn't have a lot of support right now with the state of the OL and WR groups the way they are ..not to mention the awful coaching he is being given. 

Already announced.  Dalton is playing.

17 hours ago, topwop1 said:

As for the defense...whatever good impression Sean Desai made at some point this season has completely faded away.

Same thing goes as they look disorganized and lost on the backend.

I understand that Vildor and Bush aren't good players, but that's not an excuse for guys being out of position so often in crucial moments of the game.

Yup, these 4th quarter fades don't bode well for Desai but he'll end up on someone else's staff and get another shot at being a DC or a HC some day.  He's got the smarts to figure it out.

Something else dawned on me about that pass to Watkins.  If both Nagy and Desai could tell the secondary was lost before the snap Nagy had used up all of his timeouts and couldn't have called another to correct the coverage anyway. 

Two of those five coverage guys actually ended up doing half hearted blitzes which left just four guys in coverage.  Why?  We were getting to the QB without any need to blitz.  We should have rushed 4 and had 7 guys in coverage.

5 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Mooney was targeted 16 times. He caught only 5.

Kmet had 2 targets.

I just don't understand why we are so against trying to throw to a huge target like Kmet...especially after we saw what he did against Pitt...it's more evidence that Nagy & co just can't adapt to their players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Mooney was targeted 16 times. He caught only 5.

Kmet had 2 targets.

I will say this years current MVP Prescott looked pretty bad against KC without Cooper and Lamb for much of game.

If you were just watching only that game and the other games didn't exist, games when they had those guys, you may say Dak is a very ordinary to perhaps bad QB.

QBs matter a lot, the most, but your team around you matters a lot too.  Take away really good players and all of a sudden things can look different.

Fields lacks both weapons and O line and is a rookie who basically didn't get a training camp or much of one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I will say this years current MVP Prescott looked pretty bad against KC without Cooper and Lamb for much of game.

If you were just watching only that game and the other games didn't exist, games when they had those guys, you may say Dak is a very ordinary to perhaps bad QB.

QBs matter a lot, the most, but your team around you matters a lot too.  Take away really good players and all of a sudden things can look different.

Fields lacks both weapons and O line and is a rookie who basically didn't get a training camp or much of one.

They're co-dependent. And even the best QBs take years before they get to the level of elevating everyone around them.

I think this game exposed Mooney's limitations as a WR1. He's not a guy you can throw to 10+ times a game.

• Like 2

Nagy was asked in his press conference if the Ravens' Defence confused us with things we hadn't seen on tape...Nagy said "No, they actually did what we thought they were going to do especially towards the end of the game"...

And yet your offence scored 13 points!!!

This guy is stealing a living and making everyone envolved with the Bears look like a clown.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Nagy was asked in his press conference if the Ravens' Defence confused us with things we hadn't seen on tape...Nagy said "No, they actually did what we thought they were going to do especially towards the end of the game"...

Then you lacked a way to adequately take advantage of that.

This game, much like the Cleveland and TB games, showed again just how unprepared the Bears game plan was as far as exploiting the Raven's defense. 

We should he been able to burn them for over 300 yard passing easily yet the majority of our passing yardage came on three or four plays where their coverage or tackling broke down.

We completed less than 50% of our passes against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.  How does that happen?  I can't even imagine how anyone could evaluate the rest of the offensive staff simply because they may be victims of too much "Nagy Think" as well.

If they finally have the balls to tell Nagy after Thursday it's over for you maybe just maybe over the next 7 games we'll be able to sort out a few things as far as both players and coaches are concerned so that whoever is gonna run this team has some idea of whose worth keeping around and who should be told to pick up their last pay check come January thank you.

Cracked not broken ribs for Fields...painful but I know when I cracked my ribs I was back playing rugby after 3 weeks so I would imagine an elite athlete like Fields will be good to go against the Cardinals...if he isn't 100% I would have no issue just sitting him for another week...not like we are playing for anything this year.