Ravens vs. Bears, 11/21/21

beardown3231

And can anyone tell me why Deon Bush was in the game and entrusted with deep coverage?

That guy couldn't cover a bed if you waved a wand and turned him into a quilt yet they bring him back year after year after year.  He is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

And can anyone tell me why Deon Bush was in the game and entrusted with deep coverage?

That guy couldn't cover a bed if you waved a wand and turned him into a quilt yet they bring him back year after year after year.  He is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wouldn't say he's consistently bad, at all. But he's not consistently good, either. He'll make a play, then he'll botch one. 

Now...granted, better run teams may look to replace that kind of player, even though he's a depth guy, but the Bears have lacked a lot of draft, and salary cap, capital as of late. Because Ryan Pace is a genius. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I wouldn't say he's consistently bad, at all. But he's not consistently good, either. He'll make a play, then he'll botch one. 

Now...granted, better run teams may look to replace that kind of player, even though he's a depth guy, but the Bears have lacked a lot of draft, and salary cap, capital as of late. Because Ryan Pace is a genius. 

In coverage he is consistently bad because he can't read routes and is typically out of position.  How do you let a guy get wide open to catch a 29 yard pass in a game where you must prevent a TD in order to win?  'Splain that to me Lucy.....er Heinz?    This is nothing new with him either.

That rap on him goes all the way back to college.  He not even worth keeping as an ST guy any longer.  DH-C is so much better.

Just now, soulman said:

He not even worth keeping as an ST guy any longer.  DH-C is so much better.

No arguments with that statement here. It should be DHC and Gipson out there...even when Jackson comes off IR.

(Because actually playing Jackson decreases his trade value.)

But this all harkens back to the Mustipher situation. Pace is absolutely loathe to even SORT OF acknowledge that he's made a mistake. Not a sound philosophy if you're a GM. You need to cover your ***. Constantly. Everybody is going to make mistakes. You need to make roster moves to hedge against whatever harsh outcomes occur on your watch. 

Dude.....the window on this defense is just closed.....I dont have any profound thoughts about it.....going forward we are a young team built around Fields....get Foles and Dalton money off the books, do one more year of old Khalil Mack and let Hicks go, let A-Rob go......really just draft people and use FA money wisely

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:
2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m just now getting to game highlights after work. Did anyone in the thread blame the 67 yard failed field goal attempt for jinxing Santos in his miss on the first drive?

I blame Nagy on jinxing the entire team.

Today Nagy rolled out an even newer scheme. 

"I call it my Chaos Offense" said Matt.  "We line up wrong, then I call a time out.  Then I call another time out, we go back out, line up wrong again, and then, wait for it, this is genius. We get called for a penalty......can you believe it.  A flippin' offensive penalty".

"By now the other guys are thoroughly convinced we have no idea what we're doing and that's how completely baffled we have them.  Now, if I can only get our guys to understand my genius and what I'm all about maybe we can turn this whole deal around."

But I'll need to watch the game tapes first. 

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Dude.....the window on this defense is just closed.....I dont have any profound thoughts about it.....going forward we are a young team built around Fields....get Foles and Dalton money off the books, do one more year of old Khalil Mack and let Hicks go, let A-Rob go......really just draft people and use FA money wisely

I wouldn't mind Dalton coming back--at a reasonable price. Hicks returning is fine...if he's cheap, and there's absolutely no expectation that he's handed a starting job. 

10 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

That's easier said then done. They don't have a ton of draft picks (no 1, no 4) and their cap situation isn't great. Trading Mack would've been nearly impossible, but Pace holding onto Hicks & Robinson can be looked at as nothing short of moronic (although if there is a positive, maybe he was hoping to keep them around to sneak into the playoffs in order to bolster his resumé in the eyes of McCaskey because he knows he has to to keep his job). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Initial tests done on Bears’ QB Justin Fields today did not reveal any broken ribs, per source. Fields’ ribs will undergo further tests Monday.

Hopefully just brusing which gives him a shot at playing against the Lions.

I'd say let him rest. If it was bad enough for him to exit the game yesterday I don't see how he'll be good to play in such a short turnaround this Thursday. I know Fields is a tough as nails but still...

Besides he doesn't have a lot of support right now with the state of the OL and WR groups the way they are ..not to mention the awful coaching he is being given. 

• Like 1

I want you guys to watch this.

Bush is 20 yards deep guarding against a deep ball.  Watkins breaks out up the far sideline.

Look how long it takes for Bush to get over to cover him.  Why is this guy even playing that deep cover instead of DH-C.  Bush has never been any good in coverage.

Furthermore why did we have 5 guys in coverage all bunched within 5 yards of the LOS rather than dropped back playing zone coverage.  Baltimore needed a TD to win not a FG and they have 32 yards to pay dirt.  Who made that call?  This is called losing by playing dumb football.

• Like 1