Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

Not really sure how to feel about this. On one hand, I think he's a more talented runner than Blount, but they really feel like two of the same. Based on his numbers this year, he doesn't seem like someone that can create if the line isn't blocking consistently, which would be the case here too. I'm not sure how his pass blocking is, but we really need an upgrade there.

Just now, BLick12 said:

Not really sure how to feel about this. On one hand, I think he's a more talented runner than Blount, but they really feel like two of the same. Based on his numbers this year, he doesn't seem like someone that can create if the line isn't blocking consistently, which would be the case here too. I'm not sure how his pass blocking is, but we really need an upgrade there.

According to PFF (whatever that means), he's an upgrade as a pass blocker

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

You have to consider our backs don't really make plays as a receiver. Ajayi gives us that. Blount doesn't do it. Clement, Barner, and Smallwood all can catch easy passes but aren't dynamic enough.

We haven't even had a check-down in our offense to any RB in over a month. None of our current backs can run routes well.

4 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

and doesn't have a lot of miles on him

It's the opposite, as a 24 year old he's got a TON of miles on him. He carried the ball in massive amounts in college, and he fell to the 5th because of concerns about his knees. 

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

You have to consider our backs don't really make plays as a receiver. Ajayi gives us that. Blount doesn't do it. Clement, Barner, and Smallwood all can catch easy passes but aren't dynamic enough.

We haven't even had a check-down in our offense to any RB in over a month. None of our current backs can run routes well.

Well, I don't know how much of a "dynamic" receiver Ajayi is either. He can catch the ball it seems, but I don't think he's a massive upgrade over Smallwood in that regard.  Certainly a better runner though. 

2 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

more likely he's cut then traded - seems to be the odd man out now. 

Given Clement got snaps last week over Smallwood, hes either cut or traded imo something was wrong when we didnt see him last week.

Archived