Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

We're going to have to franchise tag Cam, aren't we?

I mean, you do have Darnold on that fifth year option, baby. 

But in all seriousness, that QB situation has gone about as silly as possible when they could have just kept Teddy. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but Carolina dropping assets (including money / cap) to replace him when the first option was even worse and the second may be a lateral move just kind of sucks lol 

• Like 4

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Patriots might be the best team in the league right now 

Is it that, or are they playing a very skittish Titans team with significant injuries to account for?

I sincerely don't know right now.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Zach Wilson is VERY bad at football... 

Not watching, but I imagine he looks the same as he did when I was looking at all his throws some weeks ago.

Liked him as a prospect, liked him a lot, but everything I've seen from him this year isn't "he's a rookie bad," more like "he sucks bad."  There's just soooooo much about his game that needs to be fixed and idk if the Jets are the team to do that.  Obviously you don't move on after Year 1, but they need to have an HONEST evaluation of him after the year.  They have some nice weapons on offense that I think it would be worth it for them to pursue someone like Jimmy G or another vet who becomes available.  Let Wilson sit next year and learn.  See if he can fix his issues in practice and gain consistency.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Patterson feasting on a Jags run defense that has been very competent the last few weeks is yet another mind boggling happening of his season. 

Does Kyle Pitts even play anymore?  Concerned fantasy owner who traded George Kittle away because I thought Pitts was going to be a surefire starter every week lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Zach Wilson is VERY bad at football... 

This is the one that changes if they redraft, I think. For all the hype that Mac has gotten as the season has gone on, I actually don't think that much changes with regards to a redraft if it were to happen today. This would be the one though. I think the Jets would bypass Wilson and go with Fields / Lance / Mac with my guess being Fields. 

• Like 1

Just now, iknowcool said:

See if he can fix his issues in practice and gain consistency

Given what I'm seeing right now after a few weeks sitting - ooof, I don't know if that's possible.

To this point, the only good I saw from Wilson was from a really odd CFB season with no fans from week to week... and a really good throw at his pro day. 

I see a very strong arm, and that's it. There are probably close to 25 QBs I'd consider over Wilson right now - maybe even 30 if I really think about it.

If I'm the Texans, I'm 100% trading Brandin Cooks this off season. Cash in on that value. I think you could get a second + for him. One year, 14 million is very affordable for a team that needs receiver help. 

If you're the Chiefs, I don't know why you wouldn't give up a second this year + a third in 2023, for example.