Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

QB needy teams are gobbling them up. We may have pick of the litter at 20. I don't love the idea of a QB in the first, but I HATE the idea of trading up for one. I'd take Willis if he's there at 20, maybe tiny hands too. 

Absolutely agree about not trading up. But I am meh at best on the QBs this year. I would pass on QB and not think twice about it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think another team will take a chance on Willis before the Steelers.  2023 has much much better Qbs in the draft

Could be, but I also think that the second sentence will affect the first with team decisions too. 

Without spilling out a page worth of text, I don't see the immediate fit between pick 1 and us that I would be afraid is taking Willis. The trade market is also going to be super depressed in terms of value (think Bush trade, not 49ers/Dolphins) because of the lack of competition for rookie QBs. Seven of the first 19 picks are owned by 3 teams, none of which are strongly in the rookie QB game. Watson, Winston, and Garrapolo are likely to fill vacancies too within the next week (IMO, Panthers, Saints, and Colts are going to fill those).

Not a hot QB market. 2023 saying it's brighter. Teams in the top 10 most likely not liking the value. IMO, it's a good year to WANT a QB if you LIKE any of them. 

• Like 1

I don't see the Steelers taking on Watson. There are some definite non-salary cap financial and fan based implications that come along with doing that. David Tepper is wayyyyy more loaded financially than the Rooneys and the Panthers don't have anywhere near the fan base following of the Steelers. That's still my guess on Watson if he is cleared. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I don't see the Steelers taking on Watson. There are some definite non-salary cap financial and fan based implications that come along with doing that. David Tepper is wayyyyy more loaded financially than the Rooneys and the Panthers don't have anywhere near the fan base following of the Steelers. That's still my guess on Watson if he is cleared. 

Watson no trade clause and wanting to play for flores might tip a deal in our favor if the rooneys are interested

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

Watson no trade clause and wanting to play for flores might tip a deal in our favor if the rooneys are interested

That might help the Steelers land him, but I’m suggesting that I don’t think they would even try. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

That might help the Steelers land him, but I’m suggesting that I don’t think they would even try. 

If the legal situation works itself out and we can a deal similar to Stafford (2 1sts, Mason Rudolph, and a 3rd) for him I could see them making a move and I definitely would as well at that price. 

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

also agree with this, i know it's a business etc but i don't want to touch him