Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

I think some of you are underrating Jensen. He’s a top 3 center and would be the QB/Vet of the interior of o-line which we have sorely lacked since losing Foster/Decastro/Pouncey. Doesn’t hurt to have SB champion experience either. 

He was somewhat of a late bloomer (didn’t become a full time starter until 2017), I think he has at least 3-4 years of solid play left in him. 

Again I do not want to get in a bidding war but the intangibles have to be taken into consideration here. Plus it potentially solves two problems by moving Green to OG which I think he might be more comfortable at and I think he can raise the floor of the entire o-line (especially Green and Dotson if they are out starts at OG).

Moore Jr - Green - Jensen - Dotson - Chuks

Thats not AWFUL if you assume the young guys all keep developing. 

I understand not wanting to pay C3$ to somebody but generally that applies more to where speed etc etc abilities start to decline...QBs and lineman can play into their mid 30s.

For a team thats probably more geared toward the running game the next few years and more than likely drafting their QB of the future this year or the next...a solid veteran Center would be a great addition even with an overpay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFF said:

I understand not wanting to pay C3$ to somebody but generally that applies more to where speed etc etc abilities start to decline...QBs and lineman can play into their mid 30s.

For a team thats probably more geared toward the running game the next few years and more than likely drafting their QB of the future this year or the next...a solid veteran Center would be a great addition even with an overpay.

You have to factor in situation too.   A team like the Bengals makes much more sense than we do, for both sides.

With or without Jensen, we look to be a middling team in 2022.   He isnt a particularly great run blocker, so its not like he would come in and transform our run game.    He would certainly be a nice addition, but Im not on board with paying him potentially $12mil+ when he is 31 and isnt really an elite player.

Id be okay with overpaying the right player.    He isnt the guy, though.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

You have to factor in situation too.   A team like the Bengals makes much more sense than we do, for both sides.

With or without Jensen, we look to be a middling team in 2022.   He isnt a particularly great run blocker, so its not like he would come in and transform our run game.    He would certainly be a nice addition, but Im not on board with paying him potentially $12mil+ when he is 31 and isnt really an elite player.

Id be okay with overpaying the right player.    He isnt the guy, though.

Yea Cincy is a better spot.

To an extent yes but I’m also looking at it In a setting the tone/leader going forward type of thing.

Edited by AFF

Kaboly's mock on the athletic:

1st round: OG Kenyon Green, Texas A&M
2nd round: DL Travis Jones, Connecticut
3rd round: WR Khalil Shakir, Boise State
4th round: OT Luke Goedeke, Central Michigan
6th round: LB Nate Landman, Colorado
7th round: QB Kaleb Eleby, Western Michigan
7th round: FB Connor Heyward, Michigan State

I would be pretty happy with that. 

AFC West QB's are now Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, and Carr.

I would probably throw up a "sup?" text to the Raiders. Carr is a good QB, not sure if they would have any interest in moving on from him, but he pretty quickly became the #4 in that division on a team with a new administration and potentially a desire to do their best to stock themselves up to find their next QB. 

Don't know if they would, but I would at least find out.