Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

I'd be bummed about Teddy or Mitch leading this team.
I'm at least intrigued by Winston, but that doesn't seem like a short term decision.

I think A.Walker at ILB is interesting.
I think A.Corbett at OG is too. And R.Jensen at OC.
I like both Jackson's (JC and Donte) at CB and C.Davis too.

I'm guessing we go big at one position on the OL and at CB.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Anthony Everett- heck no!

Teddy B- heck no!

Will Fuller- stays injured so heck no!

Some good names in this thread but these 3 are atrocious or stay injured.

I was trying to just bring up some mid-tier FA's we don't really talk about. 

• Like 1

Was just reading Rosenthal's top 100 FA list and he had James Daniels at 29. He said this "It can only help that Daniels has center flexibility."

I did not know that, but if that's true he is my definite #1 FA target. 

I am starting to like the idea of Trubisky. He has clear talent and fits the profile of what is working in today’s NFL. He’s got the size, mobility, arm etc. to potentially be a Josh Allen/Herbert/Mahomes lite if he’s able to put it all together. 

I wouldn’t break the bank for him, but I think out of all the FA QB options he has the best chance to revive his career into an above average QB. He’s also got the mobility and 1st round pedigree the Steelers will be looking for. I’m also banking on the fact that spending a year behind Allen/Daboll helped his progression as a pro.

I also like this signing because it takes the pressure off feeling the need to reach or trade up for a QB. If they are in love with Willis and he falls to us great, if not we give Mitch a chance in 2022 and draft a QB in 2023.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

I was trying to just bring up some mid-tier FA's we don't really talk about. 

I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Fuller. He’s one year removed from a 53-879-8 (16.6 avg) in 11 games season. I know he has been injury prone but that’s why we would be able to sign him for a bargain. 

I really really hope they move Claypool inside more and find a deep threat in 2022. We need that Mike Wallace/Martavis Bryant type player and Fuller fits that mold perfectly. Doesn’t hurt he has the 1st round pedigree as well.

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I am starting to like the idea of Trubisky. He has clear talent and fits the profile of what is working in today’s NFL. He’s got the size, mobility, arm etc. to potentially be a Josh Allen/Herbert/Mahomes lite if he’s able to put it all together. 

I wouldn’t break the bank for him, but I think out of all the FA QB options he has the best chance to revive his career into an above average QB. He’s also got the mobility and 1st round pedigree the Steelers will be looking for. I’m also banking on the fact that spending a year behind Allen/Daboll helped his progression as a pro.

I also like this signing because it takes the pressure off feeling the need to reach or trade up for a QB. If they are in love with Willis and he falls to us great, if not we give Mitch a chance in 2022 and draft a QB in 2023.

I feel my intelligence being sucked out of my head after watching NFL Live with Kiper et al.  After talking about how  Pickett is not a special QB having him drafted at #11.  Then they get to the Steelers and Kiper has them taking Willis and then the dumbness just flowed as they went on and on about giving him 2 years to develop, ect.  Then the king Idiot, Dan Orlovsky, went on to say the Steeler should then spend a 2nd and a 3rd on Jimmy G to give Willis 2-3 years. 

i hear better plans on these websites then that crap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I feel my intelligence being sucked out of my head after watching NFL Live with Kiper et al.  After talking about how  Pickett is not a special QB having him drafted at #11.  Then they get to the Steelers and Kiper has them taking Willis and then the dumbness just flowed as they went on and on about giving him 2 years to develop, ect.  Then the king Idiot, Dan Orlovsky, went on to say the Steeler should then spend a 2nd and a 3rd on Jimmy G to give Willis 2-3 years. 

i hear better plans on these websites then that crap.

Doesn't it warm your heart knowing that Kiper and these other guys make millions a years to come up with that garbage?

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

I wish Kiper would become the Raven's GM

I will say, on another show, they broke down the Steelers and gave a real, honest assessment.  Said they were not ready to compete for a SB and talked about all the holes in the roster.  NFL Live is click bait crap.  Especially with Keyshawn and Orlovsky.

Edited by jebrick