Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

So after Ebron, Roethlisberger, and Jujus voided contracts today, according OTC we are sitting at slightly over $42M in cap space for 2022 before any resignings, extensions, or restructures.

I’m seeing $31 mill...I wonder where the discrepancy is?

Thwy didn’t defer $7.5 mill of Ben’s dead $ to next year...they can create an easy $13 mill with cutting Schobert/Banner and can create as much as $17 mill in terms of restructuring Watt.

Also can do $6 mill with Heyward cause IIRC he’s due a roster bonus in March.

4 hours ago, AFF said:

I’m seeing $31 mill...I wonder where the discrepancy is?

Thwy didn’t defer $7.5 mill of Ben’s dead $ to next year...they can create an easy $13 mill with cutting Schobert/Banner and can create as much as $17 mill in terms of restructuring Watt.

Also can do $6 mill with Heyward cause IIRC he’s due a roster bonus in March.

Rookie contracts and replacement player holds. We “have” $42 mil but it’s not usable. 

Here is my current mock draft:
1. Tyler Linderbaum  Iowa OC
2. Chad Muma Wyoming ILB
3. Haskell Garrett Ohio State NT
4. Garrett Williams Syracuse CB
6. Reggie Roberson Jr.  SMU WR
7a. Kolby Harvell-Peel  Oklahoma State  S
7b. Mika Tafua Utah EDGE

6 hours ago, DR43 said:

Here is my current mock draft:
1. Tyler Linderbaum  Iowa OC
2. Chad Muma Wyoming ILB
3. Haskell Garrett Ohio State NT
4. Garrett Williams Syracuse CB
6. Reggie Roberson Jr.  SMU WR
7a. Kolby Harvell-Peel  Oklahoma State  S
7b. Mika Tafua Utah EDGE

Please watch at least 5 games of Linderbaum. He isn't the talent that he's been prepped up to be. Don't trust the sites but look for yourself. You'll be disappointed.

11 hours ago, mwalker said:

I counter with this:

1. K.Green, OG/RT, Texas A&M
2. D.Wyatt, DL, Georgia
3. C.Bryant, CB, Cincy
4. C.Tindall, LB, Georgia
6. T.Anderson, S, Toledo 
7a. D.Anenih, EDGE, Houston
7b. T.Turner, WR, VTech 

My mock (using the Draft Network mock machine):

1. K. Green OG Texas Tech

2. B Raimann  OT Central Michigan

3. Chad Muma LB Wyoming

4. John Ridgeway IDL Arkansas

7a. Isaiah Pola-Mao S USC

7b. Samori Toure WR Nebraska

25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Intriguing talk from KC. Also very CIA style of linkage there lol

My WiFi wasn’t allowing it to do the usual auto imbed thing. But yea rather interesting and I don’t know what to take away. Like the Mason quote definitely makes it sound like they’re looking to Add at the position but the FA line sounds worrisome. Partially comes off as they won’t spend in FA. 

His comments on all the interviews were strange too. He said it’s because you can interview anyone without permission until March 1st so why not get the chance to talk to as many as possible. I know many call it due diligence but this seems far different from that. Saying you want to talk to as many people as possible instead of saying they are targeting people sounds like they are fishing for something. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

His comments on all the interviews were strange too. He said it’s because you can interview anyone without permission until March 1st so why not get the chance to talk to as many as possible. I know many call it due diligence but this seems far different from that. Saying you want to talk to as many people as possible instead of saying they are targeting people sounds like they are fishing for something. 

I think someone said that they are asking people how they would fix some part or a bunch of parts and now are poking around for answers to see what changes.