Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Leggo!!! He’s one I really like. Incredibly smart. With the picture of the modern NFL. He’s also a big Tomlin-Stan. 

Im glad someone else was really excited about this too. I think Louis would be a really strong GM candidate. And its usually times like these when I think why would the TV guy want anything to do leaving his cushy job to hit the cut throat world of the NFL again....but there is no more stable environment for job security than the Steelers and he has that PA and Pittsburgh connection. 

I really do like the outside the box candidate, and LR would be top of that list. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, August4th said:

I like that they are looking around for the GM hire. its just as important as getting the right QB/coach. the Ben era is not nearly as successful without colbert

Makes you wonder what’s going on with Khan/Hunt. Especially Khan. It’s been rumored he was a shoe in for the job. Interviewed elsewhere. We do all the Rooney Rule obligations and are still on the hunt. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Makes you wonder what’s going on with Khan/Hunt. Especially Khan. It’s been rumored he was a shoe in for the job. Interviewed elsewhere. We do all the Rooney Rule obligations and are still on the hunt. 

I think its rooney knowing how important this position is and also taking advantage of being the steelers

I've seen fans of other teams say how big a of deal this job is. Colt fans were saying Dobbs would jump to come here after turning down other interviews. So why not see what's outside the organization, they might be a upgrade over Hunt/Khan, they have the options with a franchise that has prestige

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Or, perhaps, they are doing a careful interview process without preconceived notions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think they are simply doing their due diligence. As well they should. There is no need to rush this at this point. They know Hunt and Khan.  They don't necessarily know some of the other candidates as well. Dodds seems like the type of guy that they would go after.  I like Riddick for a lot of reasons as well. This is actually how they were able to get Coach Tomlin. I thought and wanted Wiz to be the next HC. It would have been an easy transition. As they say, Coach T blew everyone away during the interview and made them reconsider. Same thing could happen here with one of these candidates.

They have Mr. Colbert up through the draft in April. I think they will put someone in place who can watch and learn the process of the draft before or right after the Combine to have some eyes on free agency. Perhaps even add some input and be ready to start the next free agency and draft periods the day after this one is completed. 

I get what you guys are saying about due diligence, but if you are getting interviewed you are past the due diligence stage. Especially in a job like this. Interviews mean you are a potential hire. And I know the rule makes them interview. But if you were confident in them you would interview them last, not first IMO.