Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

21 hours ago, 43M said:

I wouldnt touch a single ILB in the first round in this draft.   

OL and CB...I agree, but OLine is more top heavy in this draft.

Would you be interested Christian Harris from Alabama in round 2 or only willing to take someone like Dev Lloyd if he were to fall to round 2?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Would you be interested Christian Harris from Alabama in round 2 or only willing to take someone like Dev Lloyd if he were to fall to round 2?

I would sign a middle or low tier FA LB, draft a mid to late rounder and give Buddy Johnson a chance.   If that doesn't work out, make ILB a priority in 2023.    I wouldnt be looking much at ILB for 2022.   Not saying Id completely dismiss it, but I dont think its a great offseason to address ILB.    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 43M said:

I would sign a middle or low tier FA LB, draft a mid to late rounder and give Buddy Johnson a chance.   If that doesn't work out, make ILB a priority in 2023.    I wouldnt be looking much at ILB for 2022.   Not saying Id completely dismiss it, but I dont think its a great offseason to address ILB.    

There are some games where I questioned Christian Harris's desire to run to the football. He could have been injured or poorly conditioned, I don't know. Buddy Johnson is a stud but Arthur Moats contends that he's having issues mentally. He knows the playbook but if the offense starts motioning multiple players, Moats says that muddles Buddy's alignment and assignment and causes him to play slow.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

There are some games where I questioned Christian Harris's desire to run to the football. He could have been injured or poorly conditioned, I don't know. Buddy Johnson is a stud but Arthur Moats contends that he's having issues mentally. He knows the playbook but if the offense starts motioning multiple players, Moats says that muddles Buddy's alignment and assignment and causes him to play slow.

Took Shazir 2.5 seasons to figure it out.  I would rather want B.Johnson to violently be wrong then to puzzle over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Took Shazir 2.5 seasons to figure it out.  I would rather want B.Johnson to violently be wrong then to puzzle over it.

Yes and no. If they have 13 personnel (1 RB 3 TEs) to the right and they shift and 1 TE shifts to the left, now the defenders gap they're responsible for shifts. If they motion to one side or the other, gaps switch and players must be aware of that. We don't need 2 defenders trying to fit in the wrong gap because that leaves big holes for the offense.