Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

we had like 2-3 good long drives where we used a ton motion that resulted in touchdowns, but those formations/motions went away..I'm guessing we'll see that in full force next yr

They went away because it’s easy to know where the ball is going when one of the guys isn’t an option to keep it. 

18 hours ago, jebrick said:

If Alualu comes back and Tuitt retires, it moves DT further down in the draft.

Players that fit mold that the Steelers like:

Zachary Carter, Florida

John Ridgeway Arkansas

Cory Durden NC State.

LaBryan Ray Bama

Others i like but would have to bulk up

Cameron Thomas SDSt

Tyler Johnson Az St

Nick Figueroa USC

Of course, they could always draft Travis Jones so they have someone behind Alualu

What about peevy from Texas a&m , from what I read he did a lot of the dirty work for that defense 

Not saying I watched him really at all

2 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

What about peevy from Texas a&m , from what I read he did a lot of the dirty work for that defense 

Not saying I watched him really at all

I just picked out guys that are at least 6'5" and around 300 lbs.  That is the list

Honestly don't get this comment.  That's as things stand right this moment that's where the cap space is.  He's not saying where we could be or with a cut or three.  Right this moment that's the realistic cap space we have going into the offseason.

And honestly....I'm beginning to think we won't cut Schobert.  I think we end up keeping him and maybe rework his deal.  About the only realistic deal we have to do anything with is Watt's deal.  Heywards cap hits the next two years are already $22mil with dead money of $12.8 and $6.4 respectively so it would need to require a deal ripup and redo over extension to move any more money because that would mean extending into his age 37-38 seasons.  Tuitt would require an extension if he's coming back to reduce his hit.  If you cut someone remember that when he's out we got to account a roster hold until you sign someone.

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Honestly don't get this 

My comment is just about Dave in general. 

The Steelers have plenty of options to clear large amounts of space. Dave will continue to “lolololol with what money” to people just to be right because he’s a troll online. 

And why do you think they will keep Schobert? High dollar amount, clearly not a fit next to Bush, and removed him as a starter and split snaps at the end of the year. That doesn’t point to a guy they are buying into IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

And why do you think they will keep Schobert? High dollar amount, clearly not a fit next to Bush, and removed him as a starter and split snaps at the end of the year. That doesn’t point to a guy they are buying into IMO. 

There’s going to be so much turnover elsewhere that I don’t think they’ll want to create more turnover. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

There’s going to be so much turnover elsewhere that I don’t think they’ll want to create more turnover. 

That’s a heavy price to pay for that. I’m a fan of continuity and would pay for it….like with Edmunds, I’d pay $4-5M just so I don’t have to find out if I can replace it for cheaper. But Schobert was bad. I can’t see them not taking the $7M in savings. 

Spillane, Buddy Johnson, and UG3 are all still on the roster. Not that any of them excite me, but the drop off isn’t $7m worth. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

That’s a heavy price to pay for that. I’m a fan of continuity and would pay for it….like with Edmunds, I’d pay $4-5M just so I don’t have to find out if I can replace it for cheaper. But Schobert was bad. I can’t see them not taking the $7M in savings. 

Spillane, Buddy Johnson, and UG3 are all still on the roster. Not that any of them excite me, but the drop off isn’t $7m worth. 

Yeah...Schoebert was complete trash.   Continuity means nothing if its with bad players.

I was bored this morning 

Only difference is might of went Malik Willis in the 2nd 

20. Kaiir Elam CB Florida

PIT

52. Darian Kinnard OT Kentucky

PIT

84. Travis Jones DT Connecticut

PIT

133. Cade Mays OG Tennessee

trade icon

PIT

177. Nick Cross S Maryland

PIT

191. Mike Rose LB Iowa State

8 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Yeah...Schoebert was complete trash.   Continuity means nothing if its with bad players.

I don’t want him back either but Tomlins “he did a good job jumping on the moving train” comment got me thinking he might be back. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I don’t want him back either but Tomlins “he did a good job jumping on the moving train” comment got me thinking he might be back. 

If we keep him, its just more proof IMO that Tomlin needs to go.

18 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That was happening long before Canada got here. 

Great point and I realize that as well. However, it is now Matt Canada's watch as OC. It falls on him, not BA, Todd Haley, or Randy Fitchner. The constant is Ben, but call a different freaking play and simply say, "Let's be smart and pick up the third down!"  Matt Canada and Ben have run at least a 100 two and three yard pass patterns. Just do it on third and two and not third and 15! 🤨