Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I don't know about y'all but if Colbert is leaving I'd rather have Khan who's been pretty much groomed for the position 

Keep the comp picks

I don't think Khan has been groomed for the job. I think he's basically a money man, not a personnel guy. That's what I've read at least. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I heard that both teams are rewarded. On the Depot it's reported that we'd also receive compensation. I think the thought is that we had the minority person on staff so we've already hired him. So it's kind of like we're being rewarded for hiring Khan in the first place. At least that's how I interpreted it. 

It’s were rewarded for hiring and developing him to be able to take a job like that. If he takes it I think it’s a sign Hunt is going to take it. 

Although got to wonder if there might be a Wiz/Grimm and Tomlin situation out there. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think Khan has been groomed for the job. I think he's basically a money man, not a personnel guy. That's what I've read at least. 

Just typed it but got to wonder if there’s a candidate out there the Rooney might like that could get Khan/Hunt to go somewhere as a package deal with Khan being VP and Hunt being GM. 

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained/

I read an old one that was better (IMHO).  The older one benefited the team that HIRED a minority ( which is as it should be).  Why should the Steeler's benefit if a team hires Khan?

Only if its an upgraded role.   The "logic" is that the team he was hired from groomed him and trained him for a promotion.

Im not going to turn down a reward, but its all completely stupid.   No one should be compensated.   

• Like 1

How would you guys feel about Brian Flores as the Defensive Coordinator (if he doesn't get a new HC opportunity)? His schemes are aggressive and complex and his base is the 3-4 system. Coach Tomlin isn't afraid to hire former head coaches (Lebeau, Munchak, Haley) and I feel he and Flores would make for some great defensive football. Thoughts?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

How would you guys feel about Brian Flores as the Defensive Coordinator (if he doesn't get a new HC opportunity)? His schemes are aggressive and complex and his base is the 3-4 system. Coach Tomlin isn't afraid to hire former head coaches (Lebeau, Munchak, Haley) and I feel he and Flores would make for some great defensive football. Thoughts?

Him or Fangio would be nice...although Im not entirely in favor of canning Butler.   If he goes though, there are at least a few decent options to replace him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Only if its an upgraded role.   The "logic" is that the team he was hired from groomed him and trained him for a promotion.

Im not going to turn down a reward, but its all completely stupid.   No one should be compensated.   

So if the Steeler promote him, they get a reward?

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

He’s why Minkah wanted out of Miami. 

20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

So fully stupid.

Want the dumbest thing:

Imagine what would happen if Khan becomes a PoFO, takes Hunt to be GM, and we hire a minority GM. We get picks for Khan, Hunt, 10 pick bump, and a pick for the GM hire. 

• Like 1