Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

10-14 overall on the board. Has drawn comps to DJackson, Waddle, Fuller. 

For me personally, if that's the comp I would pass on a redshirt year. The position itself is bursting with talent. Honestly, any other position outside of receiver I would probably be for it. 

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Great speed. Good hands. Great size for the speed (6’2” 189). Good route runner. Does special teams as well. Before the injury lots of people ranked him WR3, 10-14 overall on the board. Has drawn comps to DJackson, Waddle, Fuller. 

Yea, I don't think he's as battle tested with contested catches, etc. but he is a true game breaker
with the ball in his hands and in open space.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The Bears would also receive compensation for hiring him, right? Isn't that the new rule?

I think the rule is that they move up 10 spots in 3rd round but I can’t remember for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can Isaiah Buggs contribute to anything or is he garbage? We signed him to our PS after losing Philon. 

He's definitely nothing special. He occasionally makes a splash play, but they are very few and far between. And in those few and far between moments he's usually pretty bad. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think they changed the rule to compensate both teams. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained/

I read an old one that was better (IMHO).  The older one benefited the team that HIRED a minority ( which is as it should be).  Why should the Steeler's benefit if a team hires Khan?

44 minutes ago, jebrick said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained/

I read an old one that was better (IMHO).  The older one benefited the team that HIRED a minority ( which is as it should be).  Why should the Steeler's benefit if a team hires Khan?

I heard that both teams are rewarded. On the Depot it's reported that we'd also receive compensation. I think the thought is that we had the minority person on staff so we've already hired him. So it's kind of like we're being rewarded for hiring Khan in the first place. At least that's how I interpreted it.