Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Eh, I think the Farrior-Foote pairing got it right.  Two just good solid starters rather than trying to find that guy and filling in next to him.  I felt the same way with Timmons-Foote.  Just two super solid don't make mistake LB'rs.  Give me two of those.

I do miss Farrior and Foote... 

Kinda falls in line with their others. Farrior was the high priced FA and they matched with a middle asset in Foote (4th round). Then Timmons and Foote. Then Timmons and Williams. Shazier and older Timmons. Shazier and Williams. Williams and Bostic. Bush and Williams/Spillane. 

One high end asset. One low end asset. But I do think they could have found a way to at least try to supplement the position with more than 6th and UDFA's over the last few years. Maybe Buddy hits? But might be too late to pair with Bush now anyway. 

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

I take Heinicke over what we have now TBH although that's not saying much

I would be very curious what they might want for him. I think he is a top end backup, but he has started plenty of games and I wouldn't think wouldn't be expensive in terms of draft compensation. BUT he is suuuuuper cheap and probably more valuable to the Commanders (and that stupid, stupid name) as a backup and potential comp pick in 2023 than he is for a 4th/5th right now.  

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

MM is nutting all over Twitter about this. 

He’s a clown but if he may be right looking at all the options...Trubisky at least offers a little bit of upside.

I like Willis more than most on here but he’s not going to be there at 20 and I’m afraid what it would cost move up to get him.

12 minutes ago, AFF said:

Letting it rip with Rudolph at the helm and improving the team around an incoming 2023 QB is sounding better and better as time goes on...

I get the feeling Malik Willis is going to be staring us in the face at 20. 

We draft him. We start Mason. He sucks The season is lost, so we play Haskins. He tears it up. We win the last 5 games. Go 5-12. We tag and trade Haskins to the Seahawks for their newly acquired 1st and a 3rd. We have a top 5 draft pick, but we already have our QB1 in Willis. So we trade our 4th overall to the Commanders for their first, next years first, and the following years second. We win the super bowl for the next 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, AFF said:

He’s a clown but if he may be right looking at all the options...Trubisky at least offers a little bit of upside.

I like Willis more than most on here but he’s not going to be there at 20 and I’m afraid what it would cost move up to get him.

Nah. He’s pissy that no one is giving Mason a shot. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

We draft him. We start Mason. He sucks The season is lost, so we play Haskins. He tears it up. We win the last 5 games. Go 5-12. We tag and trade Haskins to the Seahawks for their newly acquired 1st and a 3rd. We have a top 5 draft pick, but we already have our QB1 in Willis. So we trade our 4th overall to the Commanders for their first, next years first, and the following years second. We win the super bowl for the next 5 years. 

I think another team will take a chance on Willis before the Steelers.  2023 has much much better Qbs in the draft

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

imagination GIF

• Like 1

I would not touch anyone but Willis in the 1st.  i would rather see them trade down to the 30s to get Ridder.  Pickett is a back-up in the NFL.

Other than that, Cole Kelly is looking might fine after drafting some better players in the trenches

• Like 1