Week 13 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Jason Aponte said Emmanuel Moseley gets hurt and Lenoir comes in and plays well....Well?....WELLLLL??? What the hell is he talking about it? Kill Norman all you want, but Lenoir did NOT play well. There is a reason he got benched for Johnson in the 2nd half. Lenoir allowed a TD, allowed a big catch to Metcalf on 3rd and 14, had a DPI in the end zone and missed another tackle. Stop it man, STOP IT! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jason Aponte said Emmanuel Moseley gets hurt and Lenoir comes in and plays well....Well?....WELLLLL??? What the hell is he talking about it? Kill Norman all you want, but Lenoir did NOT play well. There is a reason he got benched for Johnson in the 2nd half. Lenoir allowed a TD, allowed a big catch to Metcalf on 3rd and 14, had a DPI in the end zone and missed another tackle. Stop it man, STOP IT! 

I am going to be fascinated by what this team does next year. Damn near the entire roster is a free agent lol. We actually don't have a freakish amount of space even if you bump off Jimmy. Could see an AA + Kittle restructuring, maybe an extension on McG to create some space. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I am going to be fascinated by what this team does next year. Damn near the entire roster is a free agent lol. We actually don't have a freakish amount of space even if you bump off Jimmy. Could see an AA + Kittle restructuring, maybe an extension on McG to create some space. 

We have enough high level players so I'm not too worried but the depth is going be changed for sure. Both Lenoir/Thomas will be there next season but just have to hope they take a big jump in the offseason. I knew Thomas was not going to be ready at all so not surprised there but I'm wondering what Lenoir's future will be? Will it be to take over at nickel corner for Williams?

I'm not touching McGlinchey's contract minus the 5th year option. 

Glad Azeez is showing out as he should be next to Warner for the near future. Badly will need to either sign a good corner or draft one and hope one of Thomas/Lenoir can step up. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We have enough high level players so I'm not too worried but the depth is going be changed for sure. Both Lenoir/Thomas will be there next season but just have to hope they take a big jump in the offseason. I knew Thomas was not going to be ready at all so not surprised there but I'm wondering what Lenoir's future will be? Will it be to take over at nickel corner for Williams?

I'm not touching McGlinchey's contract minus the 5th year option. 

Glad Azeez is showing out as he should be next to Warner for the near future. Badly will need to either sign a good corner or draft one and hope one of Thomas/Lenoir can step up. 

I assumed that Lenoir would be a nickel corner when we drafted him...threw me off when he was playing the outside. Either way though, I think that is a position that we could effectively fill cheaply. I don't believe that having a guy like Jamar Taylor come in off the street and play pretty well is a fluke in this defense. 

But we definitely need outside corner help. I'm reaching out to the Dolphins and seeing what it costs to pry away Igbinoghene for sure. Dude can't crack the lineup and is a healthy scratch more often the not. He was overdrafted in the first round, but I do believe that there are traits there and he may do better in a less blitz happy scheme. I mean, a Greenlaw for Igbinoghene swap could make sense for both teams. I also am putting in a call on Okudah. Maybe requires too much given the level of his play, but why the hell not? Also want to try and sign Fuller. He was bad this year, so a one year prove it deal is right up our alley. 

I also really wish that we had an outside speed guy opposite Bosa. I like a lot of the depth guys we have to be honest. Keep guys like Willis and Key around. I think that they are actually doing pretty well. 

Bad loss. The difference was fake punt for a TD (heehaw) and two BS late hits on Russel to extend that drive. Think I'm gonna skip the week of moping in mental anguish though. On to Cincinnati. Season isn't over like half of 49ers tribe is back to acting again. See you folks in a week.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Norman is still better than Lenoir. I'm sorry, but Lenoir is not a NFL player right now. 

And having SEVEN forced fumbles is more than just "some forced fumbles" lol.

Norman leads the entire NFL in forced fumbles 

He's been fine. I said it a few weeks ago. He went from not in camp at all to starting NFL games. It took him a few weeks to get into rhythm. In that time the impatient fanbase turned on him and now it's confirmation bias 

He's had some penalties, he's given up some touchdowns, but overall he's been fine 

I'm so sick of Garoppolo throwing the ball directly to the other team. That INT when he was targeting kittle was killer. Sherfield was wide open for a huge gain. Predetermined throws where Jimmy throws a pick are so infuriating. 

What is the verdict around here on that aiyuk (non) catch? 

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

What is the verdict around here on that aiyuk (non) catch? 

Should have been an easy pitch and catch that they both managed to flub up, in my opinion. I mean, Aiyuk should catch it, but it's on Jimmy that it was that hard of a catch to begin with. 

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Bad loss. The difference was fake punt for a TD (heehaw) and two BS late hits on Russel to extend that drive. Think I'm gonna skip the week of moping in mental anguish though. On to Cincinnati. Season isn't over like half of 49ers tribe is back to acting again. See you folks in a week.

We can lose next week and still be a playoff team. I'm still not overly concerned about it. If we are 6-8 in two weeks time, maybe I'll start to be a little worried. This is a game that we should have won and we didn't. Happens. Sucks that it keeps happening against Seattle though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We can lose next week and still be a playoff team. I'm still not overly concerned about it. If we are 6-8 in two weeks time, maybe I'll start to be a little worried. This is a game that we should have won and we didn't. Happens. Sucks that it keeps happening against Seattle though. 

Yup. See you in a week. 

• Like 1

I feel like every now and again...Shanny and this team should just go with tempo and space. That last drive was seriously very impressive. I'd have to watch the tape to see what the defense was, but I can't believe that Seattle was sitting back in prevent the entire drive. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like every now and again...Shanny and this team should just go with tempo and space. That last drive was seriously very impressive. I'd have to watch the tape to see what the defense was, but I can't believe that Seattle was sitting back in prevent the entire drive. 

But how will we meet our quota of 10 runs a game into an 8+ man front?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

We did go up tempo vs Chicago and then some vs Arizona...But I think Shanny then wanted to go to a heavy run game dominating the TOP and changed his strategy. 

Today was just bad in the 2nd half with every drive starting inside the 10 yard line. 

Jimmy is just a different QB when it is crunch time. He steps it up and makes throws he wouldn't make otherwise. But I think changing it up time for time wouldn't be a bad thing. 

All I know is that Deebo truly runs this offense. Helps the passing game and lately the running game. Without him, there is a big void that can't be replaced. Mitchell has been good but Deebo has been providing all the explosive runs.