Week 13 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seahawks just made the plays they needed to make. It's okay, the game shouldn't have come down to that in the first place. 

Jimmy did what he usually does in these clutch situations but this time around he could not make THE play. 

I mean, them making plays has nothing to do with my issues of what shanny did once we got within the 10. There was no reason to go run, run there on first and second from the 7. There was no reason to run pass plays where your primary read is Trent Sherfield (though it was open on the latter, I will say...that was Dunlap just making a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge play) 

Tough loss but the Seahawks are always a tough matchup for us, we were missing several stars, and lost more key players during the game 

My confidence level was not high for this game, still a painful loss as it was very winnable. Again the dumb mistakes doomed us 

Onto Cinci. I have us winning that game and ending up 10-7 and sixth seed overall, with a loss to the Titans on the road and on a short week

Edited by 49ersfan

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

And the holding was pretty much entirely an acting job. And they managed to ignore any number of holds and blocks in the back and contacts to the head on Seattle - of which I could find a number - while levying us just about every time they were available. It's perfectly fine to blow calls - things happen. But they managed to hone in on several of ours and none of theirs, leading to a game that wasn't adjudicated evenly. The PI in the end zone is about the most blatant miss I've seen all season. Combine that with two boneheaded interceptions, a special teams fumble, and an extremely silly punt fake touchdown and you don't win many games. But Jimmy G will do that to you. He's a .500 boy when his lunch isn't being carried for him. 

I've been questioning whether I want to keep watching. The NFL is so watered down because the refs get too involved, throwing 25 flags a game but then won't call one when it's evident. This sport is just not fun to watch and it's embarrassing the NFL thinks this product is acceptable for the fans. 

And yes, with betting now legal on NFL games I do believe the ref influence certain games. 

Just now, Forge said:

Stop getting caught up in the semantics of how good a passing defense is when that has been my point the entire time? lol. Being bad against the pass is kind of a big deal...but you are right in that they are highly situational and very good at situational football. 

They just make it hard to score. Even when teams are moving the ball seemingly at will, you look up and they only have 17-23 points. Very mentally strong in the RZ.  

There were plays left out there. As much as I want to blame officiating, Jimmy had a TD to a wide open Sherfield and instead sailed a pass to a double covered Kittle that resulted in an INT. There were plays out there to be made that we just missed. Frustrating to say the least. That’s been my biggest gripe about Jimmy this year; he just locks onto guys and makes predetermined plays. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, them making plays has nothing to do with my issues of what shanny did once we got within the 10. There was no reason to go run, run there on first and second from the 7. There was no reason to run pass plays where your primary read is Trent Sherfield (though it was open on the latter, I will say...that was Dunlap just making a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge play) 

I didn't have a problem running the ball since it meant the Seahawks wouldn't have a chance to go down the field if we had scored. Just didn't make a play on 3rd or 4th down. It happens. 

• Like 1

Lost the T.O.P battle, terrible STs play and some bad decisions by Ryans on certain downs....That's not even to bring up the two bad INTs by Jimmy.

Team fought hard though and we had a shot to win it at the end. Take away the Homer TD, and the Seahawks offense has like 250 total yards. Just was the untimely penalties that hurt the defense. 

Oh well.....

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't have a problem running the ball since it meant the Seahawks wouldn't have a chance to go down the field if we had scored. Just didn't make a play on 3rd or 4th down. It happens. 

I just hate limiting yourself to those third and fourth downs (I would argue that both of those run plays had very little chance to score from where they were called). 

Honestly? This feels like overcompensation to the Rodgers comeback. I have nothing to support that, of course...just what it feels like to me. I just don't know why you take your foot off the gas there...a problem I have legitimately had with Kyle for 5 years now. Sometimes you just don't have to throw in the change up...they are going to keep swinging through the 101 mph heater. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just hate limiting yourself to those third and fourth downs (I would argue that both of those run plays had very little chance to score from where they were called). 

Honestly? This feels like overcompensation to the Rodgers comeback. I have nothing to support that, of course...just what it feels like to me. I just don't know why you take your foot off the gas there...a problem I have legitimately had with Kyle for 5 years now. Sometimes you just don't have to throw in the change up...they are going to keep swinging through the 101 mph heater. 

Yeah, could be that but I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping Kyle would run in there. Maybe run on first down and wait until 24 seconds to call TO and then pass it the next three downs. 

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Tough loss but the Seahawks are always a tough matchup for us, we were missing several stars, and lost more key players during the game 

My confidence level was not high for this game, still a painful loss as it was very winnable. Again the dumb mistakes doomed us 

Onto Cinci. I have us winning that game and ending up 10-7 and sixth seed overall, with a loss to the Titans on the road and on a short week

Can't see more that two wins, Atlanta and Houston tbh. That last game against the Rams probably depends on their record, despite the recent record against the Rams, it's hard to feel confident about this team.

Plus if Moseley goes down for a larger period of time we're doomed anyway.

Okay, so I will say that McG was okay this year...certainly not as bad as last year...but now that I have that out of the way. I have never ever understood posts like this.

Does McG's bad play somehow get excluded from criticism because his back up is really bad? Is the measure his McG's play somehow altered by the play of Tom Compton? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay, so I will say that McG was okay this year...certainly not as bad as last year...but now that I have that out of the way. I have never ever understood posts like this.

Does McG's bad play somehow get excluded from criticism because his back up is really bad? Is the measure his McG's play somehow altered by the play of Tom Compton? 

Additionally, everything is cost-adjusted. Compton isn’t good. But if I’m going to have a bad right tackle, it’s way better if that dude gets paid peanuts and I spend everywhere else. McGlinchey’s already paid a decent chunk of change and is on the verge of possibly getting a even bigger chunk of change.  

• Like 2

I keep hearing people say Shanny out coaches McVay every time and Carroll out coaches Shanny...And there are some truths to that but really it is just all about styles make fights and the make up of the teams. Seahawks DL is built to stop the run and set the edges. That takes away our stretch runs and the outside zone runs. And then our corners aren't good enough to stick with their WRs. The Rams on the other hand have the secondary to match up with their receivers...And then against us, their DL is built to stop the big plays and the pass and we are just able to run it on them and Jimmy has his openings in the middle of the field. 

Onto the next one...Will be a tough game, especially if Moseley can't play but if Deebo is ready to go then that changes everything. Makes it close to a 50/50 game.