2021 GDT Week #13 Steelers vs Ravens

Steeler Hitman

Should The Steelers Revamp the OL (Zack Banner at RT, Chuks to LT and Dan Moore to Swing Tackle?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Steelers Revamp the OL (Zack Banner at RT, Chuks to LT and Dan Moore to Swing Tackle?

• Yes. The OL would be better.
    • No, The OL is what it is for 2021.

5e34a4483e12d8d1ffecc6e91553d758.jpeg

Watching the Steelers play football the last few weeks is enough to make a grown man cry!

steelers-vs-ravens.png

Steelers 5-5-1 host the division leading Ravens 8-3-0

All Time series Records: 54 meetings lead series 30-24

Last Game: 2020 An embarrassing 19-14 win over the Ravens JV Team last December 2020

urn-publicid-ap-org-081d584545a3af166ea5
No Offense + No Defense = No Win aka a Loss

71d662a78c384294899b56342426b5c7.jpg?w=1

If you can't block you can't get yardage or protect your QB.

HX10915.jpg

If you can't tackle, you can't stop opposing teams. Two players sorely missing in action: one on the sideline and the other in the games! 😡

1043889506.jpeg

"Next man up! The standard is the standard! Unleash hell!" I will settle for the team simply playing hard every play. Tyler Boyd said the team quit the first time. The Steelers looked like it the second game too. 

Matt-Canada.jpg

Can we run a pass pattern longer than three yards and shorter than 45 yards? 

wp8722325.jpg

I am going to suggest an old school tune to help you get fired up to play football big guy! You have too much talent to be a one hit wonder. That is what you are until you go to the next level!

CS192977-01A-BIG.jpg

The Steelers aren't playing the right tunes on a lot of levels! It must be the music that's making them play bad!😕  any ole' school funksters remember Secret Weapon?! "I'm just a dj playing for you....."

Devin-Bush-missed-tackle-Joe-Schobert-Mi

The Free Dictionary defines tackling in football as: 

a. To stop (an opponent carrying the ball), especially by forcing the opponent to the ground.
b. To obstruct (a player with the ball) in order to cause loss of possession of the ball.

Frustrated-1.png

Prediction: The Steelers will continue to frustrate me. Ravens win! Probably by a lot. 

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Type-o

This is one of those games that can go either way. I haven't seen a lot from the Steelers lately that gives me any confidence that they can win this game. Then again, the Ravens struggled to beat the Browns. It's a division game, so it should be competitive, but so was Cincy. Ugh.

31-17 Ravens.

• Like 1

there's been a lot of crap out from the defense lately (as well as the offense); but we (and, curiously, the bears, or so it seems) are the only team who consistently checks lamar and hasn't really struggled against him when we've played. first time for everything obviously, but i do think we can pants them

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Robert Spillane to the COVID list. Maybe a chance to see Buddy Johnson. 

Spillane had a knee, it's Schobert that is on the COVID list. 

EDIT - I'm wrong. Spillane is also on the COVID list. 

DOUBLE EDIT - Apparently I was wrong again. Only Spillane is on the COVID list. I could have sworn steelersdepot said it was Schobert. 

I don't like to share non-verified or not well known profile posts, but I don't have any reason to not believe the numbers. And again, we can always debate PFF (I dont like it), but they NEED to try Chuks at LT and Banner at RT. I don't think they have a choice. 

Whatever your thoughts are of Chuks, he hasn't been fall down bad like Moore has been at times in the passing game. They need to see what they have there, they need to get Moore off the field, and they need to check in on the guy they paid last off-season at RT to understand if he is/isn't an option moving forward. 

This is no longer a wait and see thing. It has to happen. 

Moore has looked considerably worse since Dotson went out. So has Green. In the case of Moore, he seemed to be improving until Dotson went out. He was still having really bad lapses about 3 times a game but he was showing signs of positive play too. He would bury dudes in the run game. Now that the guy next to him has gotten worse his game has slipped. He(and Green) are being forced to do more than they can right now at a high level. I don’t know if replacing him would work. I kind of talked myself out of agreeing with you about Banner and Chuks starting. I don’t think either LT is going to be any good playing next to a terrible LG. 

Finney looked like a good LG 6 years ago for 3 games. He was also playing next to a really good center and tackle. He was pretty good at hitting people on the move and the guys next to him could cover for everything else. He can’t move like he used to. He’s not a guy that is talented enough to cover for bad play. I think Dotson is on his way to being a type of dude that can raise up players next to him. His loss crushed any momentum the line was building. I hope he’s good enough that he’ll be able to hit the ground running when he comes back. He’s still pretty young. 

I guess that’s a long winded way of saying that I’m not sure if switching the tackles is anything but a lateral move at this point. I do think Chuks and Banner are better in a vacuum, but football isnt played in a vacuum(can you imagine how noisy that would be? Lol)

• Like 1

(That sack is not on Chuks)

12 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

In the case of Moore, he seemed to be improving until Dotson went out

I am not sure I would say improving, but Dotson is seeming to be the lynch pin in the unit. After his awful start to the season, he was really playing some good ball and our run game in particular showed it. 

But Moore has been downright bad at pass protection from the blindside and that's not really gotten better. He just looks so outmatched there. Chuks is not as good run blocking, but I am not sure how much that matters at this point -- especially without Dotson. We cant keep pounding our head against the wall and hoping it gets better. They need to try something. Moore is overmatched and they signed Banner with the Chickillo deal through next year. I think you need to give Moore a breather and a chance to take mental reps and see what you have in Banner with Chuks pass protecting on the left. 

Edited by Dcash4
Said Green instead of Moore two times -- maybe just a Freudian slip at this point.
  • Like 1

lol at that guys "example 2"

That. That is why we need Dan Moore out of there -- as he chases a guy like he is playing Duck Duck Goose trying to tag him as he hits Ben. 

We can talk all day about Chuks not helping Ben up, but he might be the only one who can actually protect him on this unit right now.