Week 13: Patriots @ Bills (MNF)

Apparition

This is interesting, just heard this;

Pats defensive formation

407 snaps in single high - most in the NFL

781 plays with 5 or 6 DBs - second most in NFL

Weird combo of single high defense flooded with DBs in the intermediate areas. Pretty cool

NFL Trend

Through 12 weeks; 3247 snaps of quarters, 2670 this time last season. 21% jump in use of Quarters. Of those 3247, Pats have 10 of them...average is 101 per team. 

Also, watch Hightower. He is being told to straight up destroy OLers. End them. He is so friggin powerful, I've always thought it. Remember what he did to Higbee? That's now his role lol

Edited by Hunter2_1

It seems like everyone is saying that the weather on Monday night will have a huge negative impact on the Patriots, and zero impact on the Bills. I don't really get that. Even though Mac has never played in "weather" before, most of the rest of the Patriots have, and I think that he will adjust fine to the conditions. 

Jones isn't and never will be Brady, but the kid from San Mateo, California adjusted to playing in weather at Michigan and became an all-time great winter quarterback in New England. So, it's possible the kid from Jacksonville, Florida might be able to adjust to playing in winter weather. He won't be the first warm-weather quarterback to come north and do it. I think he has the testicular fortitude to make it happen.

Lastly... this isn't the '85 Bears the Patriots will be facing on Monday night. Is Buffalo good? Yes. Is Buffalo talented? Yes. Does Buffalo have a raucous home crowd dying to see the Bills take the Patriots down a notch? Double yes. But that doesn't make them invincible. I think this game will be something of a slugfest and will probably come down to a field goal at some point in the fourth quarter. I think the Patriots eke out a three or four point victory and thank the Almighty for a week off to heal up because this is going to be a bumpy ride for all concerned.

2 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Tuesday morning’s going to be rough for you 😂

You really think so? What I'm hearing coming out of Western NY tells me that most of you are a little nervous about this one. I think this is going to be a total rock fight and whoever wins will certainly be licking their wounds after. What worries me most is the likelihood that the Bills will probably cheap-shot key Patriots players when they fall behind on the scoreboard.

Keep in touch, and let's chat after the game. I'm easy to find. My buddy from Rochester (Bills fan) is going to the game on Monday night, and my wife and I are going on Dec. 26. 

Enjoy the game, bruh.

12 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

You really think so? What I'm hearing coming out of Western NY tells me that most of you are a little nervous about this one. I think this is going to be a total rock fight and whoever wins will certainly be licking their wounds after. What worries me most is the likelihood that the Bills will probably cheap-shot key Patriots players when they fall behind on the scoreboard.

Keep in touch, and let's chat after the game. I'm easy to find. My buddy from Rochester (Bills fan) is going to the game on Monday night, and my wife and I are going on Dec. 26. 

Enjoy the game, bruh.

It was more just my response to the other poster being so confident when they (Pats) are underdogs on the road. 
I think it’s a complete toss up of a game. 
I’m not nervous of the patriots the way I’m nervous of teams like the chiefs, Bucs, ravens but I am nervous about losing our all pro CB in White and what that means to our defense. I’m sure the pats are going to look to target Dane jackson. 

where is this cheap shot stuff coming from? That’s the opposite of the culture the bills coaching staff and players embody. I would argue the bills are one of the teams in the league that are the least dirty / taking cheap shots,  but you won’t have to worry about it cause we won’t be behind 😉  

I’m guessing it’ll end up a one score game and whichever team comes out on top will be feeling pretty good. 

damn I was supposed to go to that game in NE and meet up with some my college friends but it didn’t work out. We’ll chat after the game!

• Like 1

This weather stuff again. Remember how Tampa Bay was going to struggle in Green Bay because they’re a team from Florida? Lol.

if the weather is really bad, that favours a run game right? We are a big physical team, I’d rather it rain or snow going up against a high finesse team in Buffalo

Have we ever lost a snow game btw? We are ICONIC in the snow...at least, we were...

maxresdefault.jpg

BsSMk86CUAE6mb8.jpg

Edited by Hunter2_1

When Bills fans come in here to tell us the additions of Feliciano and Brown make a big difference, just know that....

....they are telling the truth.

Feliciano is the scheme setter on the OL and calls blitzes, been missing for weeks. They're objectively worse on offense without both.

With John Feliciano in team over the past 2 years, Buffalo are 12-3 whilst scoring 34 PPG. Without him they are 8-4 scoring 25 PPG

Number of games they've scored less than 24 points when he's in there is only 1 out of 15 games. Number of games they've scored less than 24 with him missing is 5 from 12. 

With Brown playing they are 3-1 scoring 38.5 PPG, without him they are 2-2 averaging 19.5 PPG. Games scoring under 24 points with him there = 0. 

They will be better than they have been

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottishpatriot said:

Looks like the weather will be a factor. I think that plays into the Pats' hands more but could be wrong.

I just hope the quality of the game doesn't suffer as Pats Bucs did a little due to the rain. 

RUN THE FOOTBALL.

Throwing or kicking for that matter will be impossible.