Bears/Cards GT, 12/5/21, Noon Central

beardown3231

5 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

So we're all writing George McCaskey fan-fiction now eh?  

34-7 Cardinals.  I'm going to make my family and friends watch the game outside with me to really make this miserable.  

**** it, I want to do a comedy based loosely on the Bears ownership.  All I've got written so far is George McCaskey running up and down the halls of McCaskey Mansion (is real? Should check.) flailing his arms and yelling "mother!" in a panicked voice.  Then  a scene with Eugene Levy playing Ted Phillips as they used the QB meeting room the day before the game to instead test different hot dog paper trays for use in the concession kitchens, before deciding on the cheapest one, just like they always do. Ryan Pace played by Will Arnett uses his secretly installed system of tunnels in the walls to scuttle from place to place whenever the teams record is poor.  

Sorry, last day on the water was yesterday (probably, I say that a lot) and getting a little loopy with withdrawl already. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

**** it, I want to do a comedy based loosely on the Bears ownership.  All I've got written so far is George McCaskey running up and down the halls of McCaskey Mansion (is real? Should check.) flailing his arms and yelling "mother!" in a panicked voice.  Then  a scene with Eugene Levy playing Ted Phillips as they used the QB meeting room the day before the game to instead test different hot dog paper trays for use in the concession kitchens, before deciding on the cheapest one, just like they always do. Ryan Pace played by Will Arnett uses his secretly installed system of tunnels in the walls to scuttle from place to place whenever the teams record is poor.  

Sorry, last day on the water was yesterday (probably, I say that a lot) and getting a little loopy with withdrawl already. 

I had a scene in my mind with a bloody-eyed zombie Matt Nagy roaming Halas Hall with an axe and barging into a meeting of suits in George’s office The Shining style.

Followed immediately by a press conference where Pace sits next to a crazed, heavy-breathing Nagy and just keeps saying “We feel really great about Matt and the way he’s coached this team.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I really wonder if George is so nebbish that the controversy of last week will back him into keeping Nagy longer.  Not outside the realm of possibility that he was so rattled by people thinking about him that he's told Nagy he's safe and given him some low bar to clear by the end of the season to keep his job. THINK ABOUT IT. 

I am thinking I can't remember last time an American speaker used 'nebbish' in a sentence.   Kudos.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am thinking I can't remember last time an American speaker used 'nebbish' in a sentence.   Kudos.

It's a great word.  The English language is completely insane in terms of structure but has some winners. French too.  Cretin is a good one. The etymology of cretin is both hilarious and kind of mean and sweet at the same time.  It's from Switzerland/France where there was a particular valley that was inbred as ****, so everyone was quite stupid.  When referring to the inhabitants of the stupid valley, other locals would refer to them as Chretien, which is Frenchish for "Christian", meaning that the morons in the valley were still Christians, and should be treated with decency. So there you go, that's whats up with cretins. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Good...just keep Fields healthy until Nagy is gone.

Yep. I wanted to have a long stretch proving Nagy cant run an offense with Fields. Now he can't scapegoat Dalton like he did Tru and Foles. Now he has proven incompetence with True, Foles, Dalton, and Fields. If that doesn't damn him then the Bears deserve to be the joke of the league. 

The season is over, just get through this last month without getting Fields or Jenkins hurt and let's clean house. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. I wanted to have a long stretch proving Nagy cant run an offense with Fields. Now he can't scapegoat Dalton like he did Tru and Foles. Now he has proven incompetence with True, Foles, Dalton, and Fields. If that doesn't damn him then the Bears deserve to be the joke of the league. 

The season is over, just get through this last month without getting Fields or Jenkins hurt and let's clean house. 

I would 100% add Roquan to this...hamstring injury that was bad enough to get him out the game and miss two days of practice but now they are saying he is a game time decision just a few days later? That doesn't sound right to me and you don't mess around with an injury like that when nothing is on the line...give him at least another week off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I had a scene in my mind with a bloody-eyed zombie Matt Nagy roaming Halas Hall with an axe and barging into a meeting of suits in George’s office The Shining style.

Followed immediately by a press conference where Pace sits next to a crazed, heavy-breathing Nagy and just keeps saying “We feel really great about Matt and the way he’s coached this team.”

Heeeeeere's Matty.

Shining.mkv_snapshot_02.04.22_2019.12.03_13.58.35-scaled.jpg?fit=2560%2C1440&ssl=1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would 100% add Roquan to this...hamstring injury that was bad enough to get him out the game and miss two days of practice but now they are saying he is a game time decision just a few days later? That doesn't sound right to me and you don't mess around with an injury like that when nothing is on the line...give him at least another week off.

Agree. I honestly thought he was out. No way he should be out there this soon. 

• Like 1