Bears/Cards GT, 12/5/21, Noon Central

beardown3231

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'd rather keep Jenkins sidelined until he's for sure ready to go. The season is over and Peters has been solid so no need to rush him and risk further damage.

I agree I would prefer him to practice for the rest of the season but not play just to try and make sure he is back to 100% for next season when things start to matter again...that said I am really excited to see what he can do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'd rather keep Jenkins sidelined until he's for sure ready to go. The season is over and Peters has been solid so no need to rush him and risk further damage.

Agreed never to rush a player back before he's at full strength, but I'd like to see Jenkins play some this season to see what we've got.

Would be nice to know that we have not one but two book ends we can count on going into 2022 in both he and Borom.

Peters has been solid but he's nothing more than a stop gap who will probably go back into retirement soon

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed never to rush a player back before he's at full strength, but I'd like to see Jenkins play some this season to see what we've got.

Would be nice to know that we have not one but two book ends we can count on going into 2022 in both he and Borom.

Peters has been solid but he's nothing more than a stop gap who will probably go back into retirement soon

No doubt. I wanna see him as much as the next guy, but if it means waiting for another year to see then so be it.  I would much rather that then for him to rush his return and have to spend most of the off-season in rehabilitation as opposed to prepping for 2022.  Besides, I'm not sure I want this staff touching Jenkins anyways with the way Nagy and staff seem to like moving OL guys around instead sticking to one position.  I'm all for Jenkins going to IR for the season. It sucks but it might be better in the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Has he...ever really done that? 

Mostly just hides and watches from the side I believe. Doesn't want to look stupid like Nagy does during the pressers. You know the old saying, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." Pace lives by that.

24 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

And ofcourse the brass is stupid enough to activate Jenkins.

Not sure if he'll start or where they put him. But I swear if they put him at any other position but LT I will lose it.

With Pace and Nagy we might see him get thrown in at C or even DL to help with Hicks and Edwards being out.

• Like 3