2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Purely depends on the market but for the right cost I think he would be great in the slot for us...with this as long as the smoke around JuJu you ha e to think a slot reciever is high on Poles list.

I would LOVE to get Kirk here. I’m just not sure we’d spend that kind of money yet. 

He would be the perfect guy out of the slot to compliment what little we do have, and his skillset would also still allow you to find out if we have a legit #1 in Mooney, as well as a playmaker at TE with Kmet. 

Here’s hoping

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

How much do you think he'd cost? 

Id be prepared to spend what it took the Jets to get Corey Davis (3y $35m+). Mostly because this WR market is drying up so fast, but also because he seems to be everyone’s “most underrated” free agent. Which in reality means, all the front offices are talking about him, the average football fan just doesn’t know the name well. 

I think he knows he has plenty of suitors and it will be about fit for him. Which could translate to his ability to blow up and really cash in a few years from now. Maybe you can sway him by guaranteeing a whole bunch of the money, basically all of the first 2 years. Or maybe be the team to offer him that 4th year? But I’d bet he’d rather get another chance to cash in before 30.

Lets hope whatever vision Flus is selling, plus the plan Getsy pitched and the allure of playing with Fields is enough to sway him while guaranteeing a huge chunk of the contract. 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Id be prepared to spend what it took the Jets to get Corey Davis (3y $35m+). Mostly because this WR market is drying up so fast, but also because he seems to be everyone’s “most underrated” free agent. Which in reality means, all the front offices are talking about him, the average football fan just doesn’t know the name well. 

That's not all that much. Hopefully Poles would be willing to spend that for Kirk...

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean, it’s not cheap for your #2 WR, especially if the offense puts more of a priority on the Run game than the majority of the league does

Not cheap, but not bad. And Mooney has another cheap year, and Fields has two. It could work, salary cap wise. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Are you guys ever going to learn? The AAV is meaningless.

If the first reports are true, and he got $25m+ fully guaranteed, that’s the first real number to pay attention to. That’s over 40% of the contract you are locked into off the bat, over 5 seasons, for a guy who tore his ACL to end the year. That’s a lot 

Then the next most important is how/where those guarantees are structured, and does that lock you into even more dollars thst aren’t fully guaranteed. 

Everyone had Gallup penciled in as a "big contract." Play the ACL card all you want; most guys are Tarik Cohen's. Most guys are back in 9 months now. Even if Gallup isn't effective in 2022, he's still in his prime for the 2nd-4th years of that deal

You just told us contracts can have differing structures that can change annual cap hits. Now THAT is some hard hitting s***

I appreciate the attempt at the lesson however.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Ashton Dulin screams the type of reciever Poles seems to want...6-1" 215lbs...33 3/8" arms...4.39 forty and a 38" vertical...dude is a big, long, fast & explosive athlete...again if he isn't tendered he makes a ton of sense for us.

4-phase ST player too. Seems like a decent enough WR5 candidate to me. 

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You just told us contracts can have differing structures that can change annual cap hits. Now THAT is some hard hitting s***

I appreciate the attempt at the lesson however.

Not at all what I was saying, but doesnt surprise me you couldnt pick up on that.

Just keep looking at AAV, you seem content to be a sucker

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not at all what I was saying, but doesnt surprise me you couldnt pick up on that.

Just keep looking at AAV, you seem content to be a sucker

That's literally what you said: you can guarantee money and fluctuate cap hits throughout the years and therefore AAV is meaningless. We all know that. I'd guarantee 25M over 5 years to Michael Gallup if he was coming off of 2 torn ACL's.