2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That said FA has only been open for 5 hours lol.  

i've been refreshing twitter nonstop all day and don't understand why more hasn't happend

*verbal meme* person poking the NFL logo with a stick and saying "do something" *

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i've been refreshing twitter nonstop all day and don't understand why more hasn't happend

*verbal meme* person poking the NFL logo with a stick and saying "do something" *

Hey now, we’ve been bears fans for many years.  If we’ve learned anything, it’s that they’ve always got a plan and it always works out exactly as planned.

36 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Curious to me that Daniels hasn’t found a home yet given his age/versatility. That said FA has only been open for 5 hours lol.  

I think most GMs see the same as Poles has reportedly saw and most of us agree on...talented but inconsistent...it's tough to put a ton of money into that type of OL.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Charvarius Ward sign with anyone yet? I know the big needs are OL and WR but Ward is a solid corner who can be a nice #2 + he's still young

Haven’t seen so.

There are still a lot of talented guys out there. Poles told us this was coming. Targeted in FA. 2nd and 3rd wave guys. I want to know who those guys are too, but usually those guys don’t sign in the first 8 hours. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Haven’t seen so.

There are still a lot of talented guys out there. Poles told us this was coming. Targeted in FA. 2nd and 3rd wave guys. I want to know who those guys are too, but usually those guys don’t sign in the first 8 hours. 

Ward, Chark and Bozeman would be sweet but I'm asking a lot

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more activity so far. Not just from the Bears, but overall. 

Teams are obviously being a lot more tactical this year. It's interesting. 

Well...teams except for the Jaguars. They're kind of like a drunken sailor on shore leave right now...

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ward, Chark and Bozeman would be sweet but I'm asking a lot

Pound the table! Ask away! We're with ya! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I don't understand this. Where is all this money coming from? Didn't they have even less to spend than the Bears?

Either way, this is insanity, and I feel bad for Jags fans. Sorry, @Uncle Buck.

No, actually the Jags had the third most cap money in the league.  It sounds like they might not be getting top value on the dollar for some of the signings, but at least they are doing something.  They had the most money in the league last year and pretty much sat on their hands through free agency.  I'm just going to trust that Doug Pederson has a plan for all of these guys.