2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

Travel day for me - has anyone heard anything about Bozeman? Don’t remember seeing anything at all beyond tweets saying something to the effect of “should sign Bozeman.” Same can be said for Juju.

As to the idea of trading for Shenault from a few pages back - would love it for one of our late picks or a conditional 2023 pick. Gotta use him in that Deebo type role though. I’m looking at a 2nd WR with one of our late picks anyway. Shenault gets you 2 years on a rookie deal and a player probably better than we get in R5/6 anyway. Certainly one we know can contribute right away. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Travel day for me - has anyone heard anything about Bozeman? Don’t remember seeing anything at all beyond tweets saying something to the effect of “should sign Bozeman.” Same can be said for Juju.

As to the idea of trading for Shenault from a few pages back - would love it for one of our late picks or a conditional 2023 pick. Gotta use him in that Deebo type role though. I’m looking at a 2nd WR with one of our late picks anyway. Shenault gets you 2 years on a rookie deal and a player probably better than we get in R5/6 anyway. Certainly one we know can contribute right away. 

I would 100% give up a 5th for Shenault Jr. I loved him coming out of Colorado and think he would be an excellent complement to Mooney given how physical he plays.

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I would 100% give up a 5th for Shenault Jr. I loved him coming out of Colorado and think he would be an excellent complement to Mooney given how physical he plays.

Agree completely. Probably never gonna be a full route tree guy, but they tell us they’re gonna find what our guys do well and do that a lot. Shenault used correctly in that regard could be a lot of fun to watch. 

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yesterday Bozeman was connected to 3 teams, 0/3 being the Bears, and the Bears were mentioned as 1/5 for Juju. I don't recall who tweeted it

38 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We could have given up that 5th for Shaq Mason. That was a steal for the Bucs.

47 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Or even just doing a pick swap. If our 6th is above theirs then we trade our 5th for him and their 6th for example. They get to move up a bit and lose him. This would be a pretty common practice for me if I was comfortable taking on their cutrent contract. 

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Here is what I have heard from someone who has some connections

-JuJu wants 12-14/season and is holding firm.

-The Bears have connected with Tretters agent.

-Armstead is waiting on Deshaun

-Finalist for MVS

Get all four....!!!

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears offense sucks. That is a fact.

Sure. Whatever.

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

the-waterboy-water-boy.gif

I was wondering what your response would be to that nugget. 😁

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I had really hoped we would be more aggressive in building around Fields. I thought that was the point of the Mack trade.

The point of the Mack trade was to jettison a declining player with a massive salary.

Converting to a 4-3 is also going to take some work. That's just how it goes. 

Do you think Ryan Pace was a good GM?

• Like 1