15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is still a lot of work to do.

WR: Keenan Cole

OG: Ryan Bates

OT: Dennis Kelly

NB: 

CB:

S: 

Positions we need starting level players at. But with comp picks out the window this should be easier to accomplish.

I want nothing to do with Kelly...he is just a guy...Bates is a really interesting one especially with the Vikes who will run the same blocking scheme as us...we have the cap space to win that one if we want too...Trai Turner still makes sense for me as a 1-2 year option to allow us to draft longer term replacements...I'm pretty surprised Cole is still out there and would be happy with him coming in.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I want nothing to do with Kelly...he is just a guy...Bates is a really interesting one especially with the Vikes who will run the same blocking scheme as us...we have the cap space to win that one if we want too...Trai Turner still makes sense for me as a 1-2 year option to allow us to draft longer term replacements...I'm pretty surprised Cole is still out there and would be happy with him coming in.

Kelly has a bunch of starts at LT and RT and has played at a solid level when forced into the line up.

As an OT to compete with the young guys, and ideally be the swing OT, he would be an ideal addition.

He gives you a floor at OT.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I know we'll disagree on what I'm about to say, but every guy the Bears have signed and will sign can be classified as "just a guy." That's what happens when you're in the 2nd and 3rd wave of free agency with a few exceptions. The only signing so far that I have high-ish expectations for is Pringle. With more playing time I think he can catch 60 passes easily.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Looking at the current depth chart it is clear on Offence just for our starting line up we are still missing at least a WR & OT/OG…on Defence though the concern is even higher…the front six looks pretty good with a lot of younger athletic players but that back five is a disaster…we need a starting CB, NB & S and that is before we look at the bang average depth…I think we still need 7-8 FA signings to feel comfortable in having some options when the draft comes around.

I'd rather have the OL and WR. I'm sick of addressing the defense annually and putting resources into it. Sure, they need to improve, but if we're talking about where to allocate I'd take the offensive guys 10 out of 10 times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I know we'll disagree on what I'm about to say, but every guy the Bears have signed and will sign can be classified as "just a guy." That's what happens when you're in the 2nd and 3rd wave of free agency with a few exceptions. The only signing so far that I have high-ish expectations for is Pringle. With more playing time I think he can catch 60 passes easily.

I am genuinely confused by the vision right now.

I thought the reason we loved Mack was to put resources into the offense… that assumption was very wrong.

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

This is not panic, just stating reality as I see it at this exact moment in time.

I think it is plain these guys are rebuilding, but I would caution strongly against fielding too weak a team as it will damage psyche of both players and fans at this point.  I think they will find it difficult to operate in that environment.  That would be underestimating effect of group mood. 

Think about how politics shift with group mood.  It matters.

An ineffective and inefficient offense will not go over well as year progresses.

We have worst roster in NFCN as it stands with worst draft capital.   

Interesting to see how it plays out.  Still lots of cuts to be made from other rosters. 

42 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I would disagree yeah 😂 I think Patrick at centre is a real piece of the puzzle and I have a lot of confidence in him...Pringle I agree with you...Morrow made plays throughout 2020 and is an excellent scheme fit inside and out...Jones is a guy who does concern me a little because of the injury history but he is a traits guys who again is an excellent scheme fit...I would swap any of those guys for Kelly...not a chance.

45 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd rather have the OL and WR. I'm sick of addressing the defense annually and putting resources into it. Sure, they need to improve, but if we're talking about where to allocate I'd take the offensive guys 10 out of 10 times.

I think you are missing what I am saying...I would agree most of our resources have to go into the offence...the above is just what we NEED...we just don't have players at those spots...no doubt though if we are using cap space and can get Armstead (even with the obvious concerns) we should...then use our highest picks in the draft on offence...that is clear in my eyes.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Can't really say that I strongly "disagree" with that...but I simply look at things a little differently. I would say that Patrick isn't All-Pro or anything, but he's better than a JAG. And even if he is just a JAG, he's MUCH better than Mustipher. Pringle is a big addition, changes the whole complexion of the offense. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

You're ignoring Pace's stumbles on that side of the ball, though. Plus, we're transitioning to a 4-3, which necessitates a bunch of new guys...

Edited by Heinz D.

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This is not panic, just stating reality as I see it at this exact moment in time.

I think it is plain these guys are rebuilding, but I would caution strongly against fielding too weak a team as it will damage psyche of both players and fans at this point.  I think they will find it difficult to operate in that environment.  That would be underestimating effect of group mood. 

Think about how politics shift with group mood.  It matters.

An ineffective and inefficient offense will not go over well as year progresses.

We have worst roster in NFCN as it stands with worst draft capital.   

Interesting to see how it plays out.  Still lots of cuts to be made from other rosters. 

I don't get all the hand wringing around here. The Bears are a terrible team because they traded Mack, who played less than half of last season, and has been inconsistent for 2+ years?

That makes no sense to me. And, take Mack out of the equation? What is Poles doing? He's replacing bad or ineffective players with better ones. I really want someone to explain to me why that's a bad thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't get all the hand wringing around here. The Bears are a terrible team because they traded Mack, who played less than half of last season, and has been inconsistent for 2+ years?

That makes no sense to me. And, take Mack out of the equation? What is Poles doing? He's replacing bad or ineffective players with better ones. I really want someone to explain to me why that's a bad thing. 

I applauded the Mack trade. I don’t really care about the DL failing physical though it is a bad look.

My ‘hand wringing’ at this moment in time is offensive based.  

I think you needed or need to, at minimum, to add a plus WR and a plus OLmen to field an effective offense in 2022.  

Neither of those things have happened to date.

My concern is the development of the QB going forward.  It can’t be done with coaching alone.  He is going to need personnel help. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I think you needed or need to, at minimum, to add a plus WR and a plus OLmen to field an effective offense in 2022.  

Neither of those things have happened to date.

I agree with you. And yes, those things haven't happened yet. They certainly will, though. If nothing else, the Bears now have two second round picks in a draft that is extremely deep at wide receiver. If Poles tables those concerns until the draft (which he won't--entirely, anyway), it's totally conceivable our second round picks could be Zion Johnson and Alec Pierce. Or maybe that Bell kid.  Or Watson. 

• Like 1