The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I would give Hue another year, and allow him to choose the QB in next years draft, before I trust the lawyer with no talent evaluation skills

Hue Cannot and MUST not have control of the 53...then you start getting 2 1rst round picks traded for a retired player......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/901318-carson-palmer-trade-hue-jackson-coins-deal-greatest-trade-in-football

Lest we forget....Hue is NOT a front office person....

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, DaWg_LB. said:

Hue Cannot and MUST not have control of the 53...then you start getting 2 1rst round picks traded for a retired player......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/901318-carson-palmer-trade-hue-jackson-coins-deal-greatest-trade-in-football

Lest we forget....Hue is NOT a front office person....

hqdefault.jpg

I would not give Hue the responsibility of the final 53....but I would let him have a big say in which QB to take at the top of next years draft.  After watching the clowns we have in place completely blow the Wentz, Watson, and Garrapolo opportunities...I would be willing to let the "homeless guy" choose a QB before Sashi. 

But if we blow it up again????  so be it... new FO...new HC...

10 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Front Office still trying to appease a "QB guru" who loves to overpay for Bengals QBs.

Bungles gonna bungle, tho.  Which is a blessing in disguise, because now we don't have to deal with AJ Kessler -  I mean Cody McCarron - oh you know what I mean, next year after we fire Hue.

Bullet, dodged.

PTL 

19 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If true about all the trade deadline stuff.....they should be fired on sheer stupidity!!!!

I would give Hue another year, and allow him to choose the QB in next years draft, before I trust the lawyer with no talent evaluation skills

It's not true.  It's people who hate Sashi using a Bungles error as an excuse to hate Sashi.

We gave Hue two years to choose a QB.  He chose... poorly.  

That lawyer with no evaluation skills explicitly said he hired Hue to help the Browns find a QB.  That the reason Hue was brought in was to rely on his expertise in order to solve the QB problem we have had forever.  I posted the video of it earlier in the week.  Hue was sitting right next to him.

I guess you believe he's going to get it right on the third try?  Unlikely, to say the least.

16 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It's not true.  It's people who hate Sashi using a Bungles error as an excuse to hate Sashi.

We gave Hue two years to choose a QB.  He chose... poorly.  

That lawyer with no evaluation skills explicitly said he hired Hue to help the Browns find a QB.  That the reason Hue was brought in was to rely on his expertise in order to solve the QB problem we have had forever.  I posted the video of it earlier in the week.  Hue was sitting right next to him.

I guess you believe he's going to get it right on the third try?  Unlikely, to say the least.

If you believe it was Hue that said no to Wentz...no to Watson...and yes to Kizer....well then...I will agree to disagree.  Hue doesn't have control over this roster.  Sashi does.  The roster is terrible.  Maybe you believe with better coaching, we would have a couple wins.  I think Hue has done awful, but I don't subscribe to the idea that another coach would have done much better with this garbage team.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

If you believe it was Hue that said no to Wentz...no to Watson...and yes to Kizer....well then...I will agree to disagree.  Hue doesn't have control over this roster.  Sashi does.  The roster is terrible.  Maybe you believe with better coaching, we would have a couple wins.  I think Hue has done awful, but I don't subscribe to the idea that another coach would have done much better with this garbage team.

Yet you want to give him control of the roster.  As if he isn't already spread too thin being the HC and OC.  Now you want to make him GM too?

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Yet you want to give him control of the roster.  As if he isn't already spread too thin being the HC and OC.  Now you want to make him GM too?

I have stated that I would be fine with BOTH being gone.  The original question is which would you keep?  I would keep Hue over the FO.

39 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Why is a fan's responsibility to find a new coach?

In all my years following the Browns, in all the coaching searches, I have never heard anyone accurately predict our next coach during the season it became obvious that the coach was about to be fired.

Not Butch, not RAC, not Mangini, not Surmur, not Chud, not Pettine, and certainly not Hue.

So honestly, what is the point of even trying to guess?  It's even more mentally maturbatory than fantasizing about Brock Oswieler being our Franchise QB.  

Candidate lists are not even made publicly available, so why even bother?  Just sit back, relax and let it happen.  Because it's going to happen.  All the wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth won't stop it from happening.  The die has been cast.  Accept the outcome, or go root for Buffalo.

No one said its the fans responsibility, its the reality of the situation, you have to THINK before you act.  Knee jerk reactions gets people in trouble, period.  The question posed was a hypothetical, because no established coach would come here if we fire Hue, no up and coming next big thing is going to ruin their career by coming here.  The same thing can be said about general managers.

Now all that said, what the heck is wrong with this forum today?  Some are talking about Njoku's junk while others talk of masterbation.  This is not normal folks.  I remember several months ago this group went through a similar phase at the other place.  Not cool!

13 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I have stated that I would be fine with BOTH being gone.  The original question is which would you keep?  I would keep Hue over the FO.

Then you, like Hue, have chosen poorly.

New coach is a minor setback. With being at rock bottom, I'm not sure if it's a setback at all.

New front office is a major setback. Reset the 5 year plan clock type of setback.

And for my money, the front office has produced far more things to be hopeful for than Hue.

14 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

No one said its the fans responsibility, its the reality of the situation, you have to THINK before you act.  Knee jerk reactions gets people in trouble, period.  The question posed was a hypothetical, because no established coach would come here if we fire Hue, no up and coming next big thing is going to ruin their career by coming here.  The same thing can be said about general managers.

Now all that said, what the heck is wrong with this forum today?  Some are talking about Njoku's junk while others talk of masterbation.  This is not normal folks.  I remember several months ago this group went through a similar phase at the other place.  Not cool!

It's very normal.

You just haven't been around long enough to know. :D

Anyone saying you fire Hue before you fire the front office is kidding themselves. They are literally taking their side because they act like trying to lose on purpose and losing makes them competent. They lowered the bar to the lowest possible level, tripped over it, and some people on this board think they are geniuses.

Sashi Brown and the Front Office are the only front office in the history of the NFL to ever intentionally do a tanking strategy. They set Hue Jackson up to fail in a more transpartent and obvious manner than I can ever remember in any major American sport.

Yes Hue has his issues. He also has a proven track record. Sashi is a god damn lawyer who orchestrated the rpster that produced the worst two year stretch in NFL history.

The only reason people like Sashi is because hes given this team tons of flexibility with cap space and draft picks. THAT IS EXACTLY THE REASON YOU FIRE HIM!!!!! This front office position is actually attractive to good candidates. NOTHING can hold you back from implementing your vision. You can do almost anything you want to improve the team.

Now lets say you fire Hue and want to hire a head coach to replace him. What self respecting head coach would come here? This is the least attractive front office to work for in the history of the sport. If you are a coach you live and breathe football. Do you really want to work for a Harvard Lawyer who sandbagged a respected colleague of yours for two years, gave him now help, and showed not only zero initiative to start winning, but aggressively made roster moves to LOSE MORE.

Its the goal of both the coach and the GM to win  games. Hue has tried winning and failed, partially because of his own mistakes, mostly because of the incredible lack of talent. Sashi has tried losing intentionally and people think hes smart because of it. Its pathetic.

You can fire Sashi and keep Hue.

You can fire Sashi and fire Hue.

You can keep both Sashi and Hue.

You absolutely CANNOT keep Sashi and fire Hue. You will not get one of the 100 best NFL head coaches if you do. The real candidates will stay in college, or stay as OCs or DCs. You better hope some middling college coach has what it takes if this is your strategy.

I think the nerds would get shown the door long before Hue mainly because it's easier PR wise for Jimmy H. Fire the nerds and the football old boys club won't care....nobody will come to the nerds defense. Fire Hue and everyone will be crucifying the "same old Browns" whether it is fair or not.  Having said this, I hope both Hue and the nerds are here for longer.

I do wish Hue would stop pointing fingers at the nerds. It was Hue who felt the earth move under RG3 and who told us to trust him on the Kessler selection.

Archived