2021 GDT Week #14 TNF Steelers visit Da Vikings

Steeler Hitman

nfl-reg-two-steelers-vikings-1024x450.pn

Steelers 6-5-1 versus Vikings 5-7

Thursday Night Football in Minnesota US Bank Stadium 12/09/2021 at 8:20 pm

peter-working-e1486743069704.jpg

Steelers toying with Steelers Nation as they string us along!

Ahkello-Witherspoon-Mark-Andrews-Ravens-

Going to need more plays from uncommon starters and contributors on both sides of the ball.

I have been waiting for Witherspoon to get more reps and he did solid replacing James Pierre.

ravens-steelers-football-pittsburgh-unit

Chris Wormley did a pretty good healthy Stephan Tuitt imitation last week against the Ravens. 

Steelers will need him to do that again this week against the Vikings.

17300744-850x560.jpeg

Montavious Adams came out of nowhere and did a good Tyson Alualu imitation

1174194761.jpeg

A healthy Watt helped keep the Steelers in the game with 3.5 sacks and a key pressure that led to an errant pass on the game deciding two point conversion. 

148ae65356a84198a34e2feaedcec753.jpg?w=1

John Leglue! Leg who! Yeah him! He played a very solid game after BJ Finney went down. 

1333880694.jpeg

Dan Moore was nasty and feisty in the run game and played solid overall. I still think he is best served being rotated in, switching Chuks to the left, and inserting Zach Banner. If the Steelers are going to pound the rock consistently in December and hope to play January football, they need to be able to run the ball better. PERIOD!

tenor.gif?itemid=15915989

I am not picking the Steelers to win! No, no, I don't think so!

Short week and traveling so I am not taking the Steelers despite the win against the Ravens and the Vikings last second loss to the Knee Biting Lions!

Defense is still like the old lady from the Wendy's commercial, "Where's the Defense!" The Ravens loss the game more than the Steelers won in my eyes. Defense let the Ravens drive 60 yards with tons of missed tackles and poor coverage. Cousins and Vikings WR's are salivating at the Steelers defense. No Dalvin Cook, no problem. 

9b434438a7fdce0795891c0625e9d859.jpg

Vikings over Steelers, Despite another late fourth quarter attempt at heroics and respectability 31-30 Vikings....

Edited by Steeler Hitman

19 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Seems like neither fanbase is very confident right now, lol. We can't stop the run unfortunately, this is probably a bounce back game for your O. 

Our passing offense has been quite good. How is your secondary looking?

Not too good overall. Haden has been out, and they've been scrambling to find decent bodies. The coverage was atrocious versus LAC and Cinci, but looked better versus Baltimore, but the D got a lot of pressure and Jackson was erratic. 

How's Cousins with pressure?

Thielen and Darrisaw out. Cook is questionable, but it would surprise me to see him (I have zero information just a gut feeling).  James Connor had that shoulder injury back in 2019 and they rushed him back for a Thursday night game instead of allowing him an additional 10 days to heal. Re-injured the shoulder (kinda tough as a RB to avoid contact) and was out even longer. 

On 12/8/2021 at 12:59 PM, cjfollett said:

Not too good overall. Haden has been out, and they've been scrambling to find decent bodies. The coverage was atrocious versus LAC and Cinci, but looked better versus Baltimore, but the D got a lot of pressure and Jackson was erratic. 

How's Cousins with pressure?

Not so good against pressure. This game will probably be won/lost on a couple of key blitz pickups. If Cousins has enough time, he's got a pretty good arm to get it downfield. And Justin Jefferson is virtually uncoverable right now. If we fail to pick up the blitz, we're not gonna be moving the ball very well...