Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) at Bears (4-9)

swede700

Game 14

When:  8:15 PM EST December 20th

Where: Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)

TV/Radio: ESPN (TV), KFAN, Sirius XM (Radio)

Announcers: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Lisa Salters

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Bears - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Which is why I want to see more blitzing. 

I want to see Smith, Kendricks, and Barr disguise things at the line like they did against Pittsburgh. Show Fields things that he’s never seen before. 

That seemed to only happen in the first half when they had Big Ben rattled. Of course they went away from it and blew a huge lead.

50 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

With Hunter & Griffen not available, I am hoping that Zimmer atleast realized by now that blitzing more often is a better option for this defense than 3 man rush/4 man rush which is only going to expose this CB group more

We had the same complaints last year when we didn’t have Hunter or Griffen. What is going to make Zimmer change his way. If Zimmer doesn’t trust his CBs, he’s going to play really bland.

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I still don't see any way the Wilfs fire Zimmer in-season.  If he gets fired, it'll be after the season. The Childress situation was unique in that he had lost the team and gotten blown out by the Packers.

The rules are different now.

If the Vikings are out of the playoff picture, which a loss Monday night would all but certainly guarantee, and the Wilfs decide to move on from Zimmer, it needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

Teams can interview coaching candidates during the final two weeks of the regular season. If the Wilfs hang onto Zimmer until the season is actually over, for nothing more than appearances, they will miss two weeks of opportunity to find his successor. 

Firing Zimmer after a loss to Chicago would allow the team a week to get their ducks in a row, conduct any internal interviews, and get a jump on the process. 

I can’t say I’m a fan of the rule changes, but black Monday will no longer be the Monday after the final regular season game. It’s going to be the Monday after week 15 or week 16. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The rules are different now.

If the Vikings are out of the playoff picture, which a loss Monday night would all but certainly guarantee, and the Wilfs decide to move on from Zimmer, it needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

Teams can interview coaching candidates during the final two weeks of the regular season. If the Wilfs hang onto Zimmer until the season is actually over, for nothing more than appearances, they will miss two weeks of opportunity to find his successor. 

Firing Zimmer after a loss to Chicago would allow the team a week to get their ducks in a row, conduct any internal interviews, and get a jump on the process. 

I can’t say I’m a fan of the rule changes, but black Monday will no longer be the Monday after the final regular season game. It’s going to be the Monday after week 15 or week 16. 

It all depends upon whether Spielman is retained or not.  If they retain him, certainly, but if they plan on moving on from Spielman as well, why fire Zimmer before you're able to hire a GM?  There will be plenty of candidates for HC jobs available, even if that means waiting until after the SB. The 2 weeks prior to the end of the season is irrelevant to me and aren't much of a factor as far as I'm concerned.  It's about hiring the best candidate who fits in with the GM (which was done with Zimmer and Spielman) not just trying to race to find the next hot name.