Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) at Bears (4-9)

swede700

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah. We will probably have to be pass heavy in this game I imagine.

Only three healthy WRs left on the roster as even the two regulars made mistakes that led to Cousins INTs last game and who knows what we can expect out of Imir Smith-Marsette.

Edited by solidvikingfan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Only three healthy WRs left on the roster as even the two regulars made mistakes that led to Cousins INTs last game and who knows what we can expect out of Imir Smith-Marsette.

Can Chisena actually play WR or is he purely a STer?

Can all of our dreams true and have Larry Fitzgerald return home?!? Haha

On 12/13/2021 at 2:56 PM, swede700 said:

I still don't see any way the Wilfs fire Zimmer in-season.  If he gets fired, it'll be after the season. The Childress situation was unique in that he had lost the team and gotten blown out by the Packers.

I think when we fired Childress, there were Super Bowl expectations and we still had a sliver of hope to save the season.  At least that was my recollection.

EDIT: It looks like we we're 3-7, so maybe not?

Edited by Worm Guts

5 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

I think when we fired Childress, there were Super Bowl expectations and we still had a sliver of hope to save the season.  At least that was my recollection.

Prior to the season, we still held out hope that Favre could recreate the magic from 2009, but I recall fans of other teams projecting us as a 7-9 or 8-8 team.

but Favre didn't put the work in and couldn't find his groove, Berrian regressed terribly and was cut midseason, Rice skipped surgery and ended up costing him most of the season, Chris Cook had multiple knee injuries, Gerhart couldn't replace Chester Taylor, and Randy Moss wasn't the savior that we needed (Chilly cut him on his own with the "Triangle of Authority" in play at the time).

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Prior to the season, we still held out hope that Favre could recreate the magic from 2009, but I recall fans of other teams projecting us as a 7-9 or 8-8 team.

but Favre didn't put the work in and couldn't find his groove, Berrian regressed terribly and was cut midseason, Rice skipped surgery and ended up costing him most of the season, Chris Cook had multiple knee injuries, Gerhart couldn't replace Chester Taylor, and Randy Moss wasn't the savior that we needed (Chilly cut him on his own with the "Triangle of Authority" in play at the time).

It was the same team for the most part, so I think high expectations were warranted. But yeah, we had a lot of players fall off, including (especially) Favre.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

Chilly almost got the axe when he cut Randy Moss without informing the Wilfs.  I remember reading reports that Zygi was very angry about that.

• Like 1

There is no excuse for losing to the Bears on Monday. 

With the Bears missing all of their coordinators for the entire week of practice, and possibly the game. Plus over a third of the roster missing practice, and possibly the game, for various reasons this game shouldn’t even be close. Yet, we know it will be. 

A loss to a depleted, and hapless, Bears team would be a failure of monumental levels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

With the Bears missing all of their coordinators for the entire week of practice, and possibly the game. Plus over a third of the roster missing practice, and possibly the game, for various reasons this game shouldn’t even be close. Yet, we know it will be. 

A loss to a depleted, and hapless, Bears team would be a failure of monumental levels. 

And Justin Fields is trash

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Just based on my prevailing theory of getting our hopes up just to crush them, this isn't the game we should worry about.  We should win this game, it's the last game of the season that should scare us.

• Like 1