Week 15 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs 9-4 at Los Angeles Chargers 8-5

Broncofan

Pick the Week 15 TNF and likely AFCW winner!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

Just now, LeotheLion said:

Thats cool. He's the biggest reason this game is just a 4 point game. 

Considering people were saying "it's over" after the tipped pass INT i'd say having a 4 point lead at halftime is pretty impressive

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Chargers have been moving up and down the field at will. No reason to believe they are suddenly going to sputter. Take the points. This game is far from being over, no reason to he desperate.

1. You don't know that. Halftime adjustments can easily flip the script. We all saw what happened between TB and Buffalo.

2. Even if you have faith in their offense, you don't think they can overcome a 3 point deficit when they wiped a 10 pointer?

Idk, I'm in the "be aggressive" camp. There's a time and place to be conservative, but I see far more complaints for "cowardly" and "conservative" coaches.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

Just now, biggie. said:

1. You don't know that. Halftime adjustments can easily flip the script.

2. Even if you have faith in their offense, you don't think they can overcome a 3 point deficit when they wiped a 10 pointer?

Idk, I'm in the "be aggressive" camp.

I'm in the be aggressive camp when it's warranted. It wasn't there

Nothing about going for it is "desperate" if you're moving the ball up and down the field the natural inclination and conclusion especially with the numbers says that you'll usually make up those 3 points elsewhere in the game.

People need to stop assuming the way things always have been is by default the correct assumption.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kael said:

That is how it works.

I thought the first drive is a head scratcher. I mean, draw first blood. 99% of the time. He gambled. End of half he had to go, just one dimensional play calling.

Anyway checked out for women’s volleyball…

Edited by WheatieMan

1 minute ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

A similar gamble was right during the opening drive since you [normally] benefit from the field position. 

Gambling with 4 seconds left in the first half is questionable, at best.

Hey, they already stuffed us once, they stopped us on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down, the Chiefs D has been pretty stout recently, but let's just go for it!!!!!

I don't care what the record is, i would fire Staley at halftime as I could no longer trust his decision making on gameday.  That's just dumb.  I would love to have a conversation with their "analytics" department on how going for it on 4th and goal with 3 seconds in the half is the correct call.  Especially when you are playing a team in your division that is only a game up on you and 3 points going into the second half puts you up a full 7.  If the Chiefs go down and score on their opening drive, the Chargers are actually losing this game.  

I could continue to rant, but that was such a stupid decision.  About as bad as when Chicago decided to try a 66 yard FG in Pittsburgh at the end of the game, with a kicker that is questionable at 56, without a time out to get him on the field, instead of praying for a penalty on a hail mary...