Week 15 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs 9-4 at Los Angeles Chargers 8-5

Broncofan

Pick the Week 15 TNF and likely AFCW winner!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

All due respect to my Broncos - this is likely the title game for the AFCW.   LAC wins and they get a 2-0 tiebreaker advantage, and @ HOU/vs. DEN/ @ LV left on the schedule.  KC wins, with a 1-1 record and LAC losing to DEN, and a 2-game edge, it's KC's title, with a decent chance they can even take Week 18 as a mini-bye if they can't secure a true bye with the 1 seed.

Chargers are likely to get Keenan Allen & Chris Harris back from Covid as their 10 days are up; Derwin James is a massive key to return, along with Austin Ekeler only having a LAS (and not a HAS).  Their chances to win would be excellent if Rashawn Slater were playing, but now with Storm Norton and Trey Pipkins as the two T's with Frank Clark/Melvin Ingram outside, and holy terror Chris Jones on the inside, that's a big problem.    On the flip side, if Tyreek Hill misses time with that head knock, that's a problem, but nothing says that's an issue yet.   The one key missing guy who returned on D Week 14 is CB Rashad Fenton, who's been an absolute shutdown CB.   Much better exchange to have lost Sneed & having Fenton back, especially if the LAC WR's are all back.

In the end, TO's are almost certainly the swing stat, as will the play of Mahomes vs. Herbert.   As a DEN fan, I pray we get one of the big 3 vet QB's (Wilson, A-Rod, Watson) next year, because we're otherwise perenially outgunned in the AFCW with those 2 gunslingers.   It should be an AWESOME game, don't let us down short-break to TNF!

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Their chances to win would be excellent if Rashawn Slater were playing, but now with Storm Norton and Trey Pipkins as the two T's with Frank Clark/Melvin Ingram outside, and holy terror Chris Jones on the inside, that's a big problem.

This is why I am leaning KC here

Melvin Ingram has been excellent for them. Steelers really did everyone in the AFC a disservice by trading him there. Chris Jones is back to being chris jones on the inside. It was so silly of them to move him to DE. 

Its a bad spot for LAC considering the injuries and the short week. Ekeler has been banged up for a few weeks and the short week really does not help his cause. Even if you tried to give it some positive spin that its not a HAS, hes still hurting and he is a very important piece of their team.  

I still have some questions about the KC offense right now, they greatly benefitted from a complete implosion by the raiders last week. Raiders kept turning the ball over. 

Kelce has not had very many catches the last few weeks. He may be banged up but playing through it. Doesn't seem to be getting down the field very much. They still lack a third receiver worth a damn and the chargers have good coverage. Mahomes pocket presence has improved week by week and he is starting to scramble at the right time rather than too early. They have started to run the ball consistently. I like what I have seen from CEH, it seems like he has worked himself into a rhythm and is starting to look more like he did at LSU. You can run on the chargers.

KC is on the road and traveling multiple time zones, which is never good, but going west is way easier than going east. 

I am contemplating the under 51 here, but I will need to think about it more lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

All due respect to my Broncos - this is likely the title game for the AFCW.   LAC wins and they get a 2-0 tiebreaker advantage, and @ HOU/vs. DEN/ @ LV left on the schedule.  KC wins, with a 1-1 record and LAC losing to DEN, and a 2-game edge, it's KC's title, with a decent chance they can even take Week 18 as a mini-bye if they can't secure a true bye with the 1 seed.

Chargers are likely to get Keenan Allen & Chris Harris back from Covid as their 10 days are up; Derwin James is a massive key to return, along with Austin Ekeler only having a LAS (and not a HAS).  Their chances to win would be excellent if Rashawn Slater were playing, but now with Storm Norton and Trey Pipkins as the two T's with Frank Clark/Melvin Ingram outside, and holy terror Chris Jones on the inside, that's a big problem.    On the flip side, if Tyreek Hill misses time with that head knock, that's a problem, but nothing says that's an issue yet.   The one key missing guy who returned on D Week 14 is CB Rashad Fenton, who's been an absolute shutdown CB.   Much better exchange to have lost Sneed & having Fenton back, especially if the LAC WR's are all back.

In the end, TO's are almost certainly the swing stat, as will the play of Mahomes vs. Herbert.   As a DEN fan, I pray we get one of the big 3 vet QB's (Wilson, A-Rod, Watson) next year, because we're otherwise perenially outgunned in the AFCW with those 2 gunslingers.   It should be an AWESOME game, don't let us down short-break to TNF!

Tyreeks head knock was a lip bleed, any bleeding from the mouth has to be checked through concussion protocol. Afaik hes fine and kept playing afterwards no issues.

No news on Sneed yet, I imagine hes going to miss this next game. He can take as much time as he needs to deal with his tragedy. Its a big loss to the defense since hes one of the best DBs in the league, but the Chiefs have decent depth. Although i worry about Hughes’ coverage ability, but he makes plays.

Edited by Chiefer

Melvin Ingram against his old team like he needed anymore motivation. Hes been a legitimately good vet DE for the Chiefs. Gets pressures, run stops, sacks, disruptions, a real force multiplier.

Him and Jones next to each other has been a nightmare for the right side of OLs. And now theyre starting to work more stunts and have been putting Ingram inside.

Crazy to be saying this. KC offense doesnt scare me right now (sure they can flip it on) but the defense scares me.. they are swarming and flying around. Of their run, 5 game run. 4 were at home. They own the Raiders. But their other games was Giants, Rodgerless Packers and Cowboys missing top 2 WRs for all of the game or most.

So some context. But still the film is the film. They are playing lights out. 

• Like 1

I’m reserving my vote until the day of because there’s a lot of uncertainty still. Neither Rashawn Slater or Chris Jones is likely to play. 

Keenan Allen is probably going to play. 

No idea if Derwin James will play. 

If things stand as they are now I actually like our chances tbh. Chiefs defense has been great the last 6-8 weeks but this is by far the toughest offense they’ll have faced in that stretch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I’m reserving my vote until the day of because there’s a lot of uncertainty still. Neither Rashawn Slater or Chris Jones is likely to play. 

Keenan Allen is probably going to play. 

No idea if Derwin James will play. 

If things stand as they are now I actually like our chances tbh. Chiefs defense has been great the last 6-8 weeks but this is by far the toughest offense they’ll have faced in that stretch. 

Having a healthy Derwin for this game would be nice and give us a chance to keep that offense from going crazy.

• Like 1