Browns have "significant" COVID outbreak; Place 8 players in protocol

candyman93

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Do you think the NFL cares about what's fair?

Depends on who the owner of the franchise is. The NFL is basically the group of owners of teams so the popular ones will inevitably get better treatment. Sorta like determining whether members of congress get a raise.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I hoped there would be a way around the conflict with the game being at the same time my wife’s family Christmas party is. Come on Roger Goodell.

I would say that with all the Browns players suddenly missing, you would absolutely have to skip the Christmas party now.  The team doesn't have a complete roster, so for them to have any chance of winning this game and saving their season, they are going to be depending on a full complement of fans watching the game on TV, right? 

It probably won't work, but it's worth a try to see if the wife buys it.  :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What's the over or under on tomorrow numbers?

3.5?  

Don't know if we can afford much more. Would like to somehow see either Teller or Mayfield get cleared to play. If it's Teller just make them stop the run. If it's Mayfield make them stop the run but throw in playaction. 

8 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Well, so based on this Keenum will play QB and Van Pelt will be OC....now we see if it is Baker and Stef's fault or not :) 

Looking forward to the game for this reason, although I would prefer that AVP had Mayfield to work with.

It would put the spotlight on Stefanski, which is where I think it needs to be.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would say that with all the Browns players suddenly missing, you would absolutely have to skip the Christmas party now.  The team doesn't have a complete roster, so for them to have any chance of winning this game and saving their season, they are going to be depending on a full complement of fans watching the game on TV, right? 

Jokes on you, Browns fans who watch the game on TV send a notification to the team and that number is automatically calculated on the scoreboard so the team can see how many fans are watching from home and get inspired.

There is also a calculation of radio listeners but the number is usually low and sometimes it just says bruceb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Looking forward to the game for this reason, although I would prefer that AVP had Mayfield to work with.

It would put the spotlight on Stefanski, which is where I think it needs to be.

Yeah. You could go the other way and give Stefanski Keenum at QB and while Keenum is a good back up, he moves and throws at the level of current Roethlisberger so I don't know how telling that would be. 

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah. You could go the other way and give Stefanski Keenum at QB and while Keenum is a good back up, he moves and throws at the level of current Roethlisberger so I don't know how telling that would be. 

We already saw that show in the DEN game.

I want to see if AVP can light some fire under this O.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You obviously don't know @NateDawg's wife.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What do y'all think of the odds we have most of these guys back in time for the game? 🤔

I don't think the oddsmakers would even make a line on that. For fun I'll say 25,000 to 1 that most of the guys on the list play on Saturday. Would you like to make a $1 bet at a chance for 25k? This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to get stinkin rich. Would you like to wager $500? I think that's 12.5 million I'll owe you at only the risk of $500. 

• Like 1

Reports are indicating that almost all players and coaches who tested positive are fully vaccinated and completely asymptomatic. I've heard rumblings of the NFL reconsidering allowing asymptomatic vaccinated players to play, but probably not this week. I'm truly shocked all around by how the NFL has handled this.

A Modified Excerpt from Judges 7 verse 2...

"2 And the Lord said unto Stefanski, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Raiders into their hands, lest the Browns vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me."

Browns Fans are the Toughest Fans on the Planet.......we have faced Adversity for so many years...we expect Adversity.....and we have begun a chapter of achieving in SPITE of our Circumstances......I mean as I saw the list Growing and Growing yesterday it Just Proves that that being a Browns fan is akin to being the Main Character in a Disney Movie....for example (I wont Go Through them all...just enough to get the point)

Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs- Main Character, Parents died at young age, Step Mother mistreats her and puts a contract on her life.....Dumbo: Main Character Born with Birth Defect, which leads to persecution resulting in a Psychological Complex.....Bambi: Pops was in and out of his life, mother gets killed, home gets burned down, The AristoCats: starts off with whole family getting kidnapped and held for Ransom, The Lion King: Pops get Murdered by his Uncle, kid runs off and raised in Foster care...Mulan: War Breaks out and woman has to Cross dress risking execution....Finding Nemo: Main Character Mother Gets murdered basically while pregnant, and he's born with a Birth Defect (Bambi meets Dumbo)....LOL, I'm sure you get the picture. 

damn-that-was-a-lot.gif

But all these tough times have made us Tougher than the Rest......it also allows us to tell EVERY other team the MOMENT they talk about ish being "Unfair" your entire argument is INSTANTLY disqualified....please dont bring your tough times to our doorsteps....all WE KNOW is tough times.

TepidGrizzledIvorygull-max-1mb.gif

The Deck is stacked against Us...but WHAT else is NEW?

I will put this opinon out here, because this is Home.....the NFL better not even THINK about "Rescheduling" ANY other game this season, OR changing the rule this season about the testing, unless they change it THIS week. But we all know the NFL is about money...they have Mechanisms to "Push" games around on their schedule, think about last year when there were outbreaks, they even "Flex" games at the end of the season and playoffs ANYWAY....but with no football on this Saturday, aint no way the NFL giving up control of the TV from 4 till Midnight......had this been a playoff game with the Chiefs and Patriots this game would get "Flexed" to a Monday......but its OK, were not mad, Goddell just being his Normal Hypocritical, Obtuse self .....its just another thing

oHMdI1O.gif

So with that being said....Please Lord, let there be no more positive tests......we will need every hand left on deck. Also PLEASE let some of our injured guys and Covid guys from last week, make it back in time for the game.....with Johnson III out it will be imperative that Walker Jr. gets back, to make all the defensive calls. I would love to get Newsome back...the kid is playing like 1rst round pick and is probably our best and most consistent tackling CB and if we can get Njoku and Harrison Bryant back would go a LONG way......

Couple things I want to see, I want to see Michale Dunn was really good in relief last year....we now get to him get some more reps at OG....Delpit and Harrison should be starting, but we will get to see some of LeCounte (Possibly) and J. Moffit (he's been here a few years now), both young safeties who looked solid in the preseason, also there will be more Sprinklings of AJ Green, who has not embarrassed himself, and we set the record the year before with his Signing Bonus as an UDFA . We will also get a look at all the young pups we got at DT, Sheldon day has been playing well and now we get to see more Elliot and Tongia and KNOW what we got going into next season. We also get to see more of the Young TE group.......and Stating this right now RESIGN DAVID NJOKU PLEASE, I am also a fan of Forestall .....Higgins....Son.....this is YOUR game, this game makes or breaks your Browns Career....IF you show up and say post 8-111-2tds, then lets ACTUALLY play him the rest of the season and see if he can recapture the magic that he once showed.....BUT if he dosent show up and in the offseason:

200.gif

So all those that say all is Lost......not so fast my Friends....facts we know

1. Oline is depleted, but we have Father Callahan, the best Oline Coach in the NFL, and we have some young talent that is being thrust into the spotlight, Hance, Dunn and Hudson III (again). I think he can cobble together something to keep a solid pass rush at bey.

2. Stefanski CAN coach this team to a win Virtually and giving game day duties to his Staff....he proved this last year in the Playoffs.

3. Kennam is a backup that we pay a lot of money to come in and win games when something like this happens, and he HAS this year, with the Denver game......also his quote is PRICELESS:

"When asked about the team getting running back Nick Chubb back to full strength, Keenum had this subtly risque response,

“Having a full Chubb back there is going to be really good.”

giphy.gif

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/15/case-keenum-nick-chubb-joke-press-conference-quote-cleveland-browns/

4. We still have our Main defensive Pillars, Myles, Clowney, Ward, JOK, Greedy and YES Joe Woods calling the defense..so glad we didnt "Urban Myer" him....

200.gif

So I get the Gloom and Doom, and appreciate sympathy offered by other fans (I've been in Browns Gear all week)....but this is how Us as Browns fans React

Other Fans:

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o2_250.gifv

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o1_250.gifv

Browns Fans:

tumblr_m7ukkgwtYY1qgzqnco4_250.gifv

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o5_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o6_r1_250.gifv

Thank you all for reading my Random Ramblings..

thannks-for-coming-to-my-ted-talk-thanx-

Fear Not, and Fight On.....Lets gear up, Get Ready to go out there Saturday and make it happen!!!!

Humbly Submitted, DaWg_L.b.

tdjakes-pastor.gif

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

A Modified Excerpt from Judges 7 verse 2...

"2 And the Lord said unto Stefanski, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Raiders into their hands, lest the Browns vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me."

Browns Fans are the Toughest Fans on the Planet.......we have faced Adversity for so many years...we expect Adversity.....and we have begun a chapter of achieving in SPITE of our Circumstances......I mean as I saw the list Growing and Growing yesterday it Just Proves that that being a Browns fan is akin to being the Main Character in a Disney Movie....for example (I wont Go Through them all...just enough to get the point)

Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs- Main Character, Parents died at young age, Step Mother mistreats her and puts a contract on her life.....Dumbo: Main Character Born with Birth Defect, which leads to persecution resulting in a Psychological Complex.....Bambi: Pops was in and out of his life, mother gets killed, home gets burned down, The AristoCats: starts off with whole family getting kidnapped and held for Ransom, The Lion King: Pops get Murdered by his Uncle, kid runs off and raised in Foster care...Mulan: War Breaks out and woman has to Cross dress risking execution....Finding Nemo: Main Character Mother Gets murdered basically while pregnant, and he's born with a Birth Defect (Bambi meets Dumbo)....LOL, I'm sure you get the picture. 

damn-that-was-a-lot.gif

But all these tough times have made us Tougher than the Rest......it also allows us to tell EVERY other team the MOMENT they talk about ish being "Unfair" your entire argument is INSTANTLY disqualified....please dont bring your tough times to our doorsteps....all WE KNOW is tough times.

TepidGrizzledIvorygull-max-1mb.gif

The Deck is stacked against Us...but WHAT else is NEW?

I will put this opinon out here, because this is Home.....the NFL better not even THINK about "Rescheduling" ANY other game this season, OR changing the rule this season about the testing, unless they change it THIS week. But we all know the NFL is about money...they have Mechanisms to "Push" games around on their schedule, think about last year when there were outbreaks, they even "Flex" games at the end of the season and playoffs ANYWAY....but with no football on this Saturday, aint no way the NFL giving up control of the TV from 4 till Midnight......had this been a playoff game with the Chiefs and Patriots this game would get "Flexed" to a Monday......but its OK, were not mad, Goddell just being his Normal Hypocritical, Obtuse self .....its just another thing

oHMdI1O.gif

So with that being said....Please Lord, let there be no more positive tests......we will need every hand left on deck. Also PLEASE let some of our injured guys and Covid guys from last week, make it back in time for the game.....with Johnson III out it will be imperative that Walker Jr. gets back, to make all the defensive calls. I would love to get Newsome back...the kid is playing like 1rst round pick and is probably our best and most consistent tackling CB and if we can get Njoku and Harrison Bryant back would go a LONG way......

Couple things I want to see, I want to see Michale Dunn was really good in relief last year....we now get to him get some more reps at OG....Delpit and Harrison should be starting, but we will get to see some of LeCounte (Possibly) and J. Moffit (he's been here a few years now), both young safeties who looked solid in the preseason, also there will be more Sprinklings of AJ Green, who has not embarrassed himself, and we set the record the year before with his Signing Bonus as an UDFA . We will also get a look at all the young pups we got at DT, Sheldon day has been playing well and now we get to see more Elliot and Tongia and KNOW what we got going into next season. We also get to see more of the Young TE group.......and Stating this right now RESIGN DAVID NJOKU PLEASE, I am also a fan of Forestall .....Higgins....Son.....this is YOUR game, this game makes or breaks your Browns Career....IF you show up and say post 8-111-2tds, then lets ACTUALLY play him the rest of the season and see if he can recapture the magic that he once showed.....BUT if he dosent show up and in the offseason:

200.gif

So all those that say all is Lost......not so fast my Friends....facts we know

1. Oline is depleted, but we have Father Callahan, the best Oline Coach in the NFL, and we have some young talent that is being thrust into the spotlight, Hance, Dunn and Hudson III (again). I think he can cobble together something to keep a solid pass rush at bey.

2. Stefanski CAN coach this team to a win Virtually and giving game day duties to his Staff....he proved this last year in the Playoffs.

3. Kennam is a backup that we pay a lot of money to come in and win games when something like this happens, and he HAS this year, with the Denver game......also his quote is PRICELESS:

"When asked about the team getting running back Nick Chubb back to full strength, Keenum had this subtly risque response,

“Having a full Chubb back there is going to be really good.”

giphy.gif

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/15/case-keenum-nick-chubb-joke-press-conference-quote-cleveland-browns/

4. We still have our Main defensive Pillars, Myles, Clowney, Ward, JOK, Greedy and YES Joe Woods calling the defense..so glad we didnt "Urban Myer" him....

200.gif

So I get the Gloom and Doom, and appreciate sympathy offered by other fans (I've been in Browns Gear all week)....but this is how Us as Browns fans React

Other Fans:

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o2_250.gifv

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o1_250.gifv

Browns Fans:

tumblr_m7ukkgwtYY1qgzqnco4_250.gifv

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o5_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o6_r1_250.gifv

Thank you all for reading my Random Ramblings..

thannks-for-coming-to-my-ted-talk-thanx-

Fear Not, and Fight On.....Lets gear up, Get Ready to go out there Saturday and make it happen!!!!

Humbly Submitted, DaWg_L.b.

tdjakes-pastor.gif

Remind me to never get you angry at me.

That said excellent post.

Keep up the good work.

Remember we have a fighting chance to have the cavs and the Browns in the playoffs this year.

• Like 1