2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

45 minutes ago, xXFlyteXx said:

I don't mind missing out on any of these guys. Well OK Norwell maybe a little bit for Jimmy's sake. I just hate seeing guys get paid way above their worth and then bust. WR's  and O-line are notorious for this. I'm not saying these guys will be busts with their new teams I'm just glad we aren't throwing money in the wind. Lynch and Shanny have shown they can draft and find under valued players to plug and play.

They’ve proven that they definitely aren’t afraid to play young guys as well. I really like that as the ideal situation would be to draft and develop. I’m hoping Garnett comes in and finally lives up to his potential. Garnett was a devastating run blocker at Stanford. 

12 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

They’ve proven that they definitely aren’t afraid to play young guys as well. I really like that as the ideal situation would be to draft and develop. I’m hoping Garnett comes in and finally lives up to his potential. Garnett was a devastating run blocker at Stanford. 

The talent that Garnett has just needs to be brought out consistently. I am hoping he is a 3rd year blossom type of player where it just starts to click for him. I think at WR with Garcon coming with Goodwin, Taylor and Bourne. Add in a rookie and Jimmy will have plenty of options in the pass game.  I would like to see them add another CB or RB but now that all the big names are getting plucked out of FA the second tier guys will see their value increase. I just hate seeing the 49ers over paying which they haven't done in a while.

I would love to have Trent Murphy join the team. Would be pumped to add a redhead to the D! :D Seriously, I liked the guy when he came out of Stanford, so would really like to sign him as a FA. The most viable pass rush option available. Think he is a safer addition of talent than most of the Draft possibilities--this class is really bad in pass rush talent.

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I remember this article seems like a couple months or so ago that said Garnett was completely remaking  his  body to fit in with Shanny's style of offense. The Richburg signing seems to confirm that we like quick, mobile guys.  Let's see if all that work Garnett has done has turned him into that kind of guy.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Any idea where we may look at guard, pash rusher, linebacker, running back, and I'm assuming some sort of WR .

I don't think that we are looking guard. Maybe in the draft in the later stages, but with Richburg in the fold, we basically are sitting on:

Garnett / Beadles / Tomlinson / Magnuson / Kilgore (or Richburg). That's probably too many interior linemen as it is. And 3 of them play center as well. I think our interior offensive line is what it is at this point. 

Linebacker, I think draft. I think Edmunds or Smith makes a lot of sense right now at 9, but there's also some depth at the position in the draft. Running back could be Lewis, may be the draft. I saw we were in on Lewis, but nothing more than that. Pass Rusher? Good luck...there's just nothing there. Landry would make a ton of sense. If it's not Landry, we may add a piece, but I think our pass rush will likely be made up of what we have on the roster. 

Archived