2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

I swear, if Reid signs with Cinci, i'm going to snap. Getting through round 6 of my mock and I don't want to have to change things because of Reid. Pls Reid, don't sign. 

Cinci has also been a harder team to draft for. (edit)

50 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

He probably just wants a job at this point. 

Right, I'm sure any offer where he has a chance to start or the opportunity to start he will take.

He knew in SF that probably wasn't going to happen. Though I guess he may still change his mind. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I did receive an alert that said reid would sign a one year deal at the same salary, but no way that's happening

I guess it was just a way to show he wasn't shunned by the entire league. Worst case scenario, we would have taken him back. But I think it's fair for him to have the chance to sign a multi-year deal and be a full-time participant on another team. If he re-signed here, he'd play, but there would be some serious platooning and personnel packages to deal with. None of our safety options would be clear cut above the other, and we would like them all to play. Therefore, I guess it's not only fair to him to go look elsewhere, but fair to our remaining players to have more playing time. But I'm sure if he were to come back, he'd be appreciated just as much as he has been over the years for his play and leadership. Anyway, I wish him luck. He's a very solid player and a stand up guy.

Looks like if he wants to play next season it will have to be with us as our ownership is the only group in the league or one of the few that is fine with peaceful protest. The Bengals aren't signing him after Mike Brown pressed him on stopping the kneeling/protesting. The league is going to pretty much push away any player that takes part of these protests and they will get away with it since no player participating is great enough not to be blackballed. It would have been interesting to see what would happen if a guy of the caliber of Patrick Peterson, Aaron Donald, Antonio Brown etc were kneeling. 

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hold it. Mike Brown will sign Adam Jones, one of the reprehensible players around, have Vontaze Burfict on the squad, but will make a pass on Reid because he may not cease kneeling for the national anthem? 

Another reason why Mike Brown is a career loser.

It's clear that Reid won't be playing next season unless it is for an absolute bargain where he doesn't even possibly start. The league is going to try to eliminate the protesters one by one until there are none. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's clear that Reid won't be playing next season unless it is for an absolute bargain where he doesn't even possibly start. The league is going to try to eliminate the protesters one by one until there are none. 

It really depends who is protesting. If it was a star player, the NFL owners would have no recourse. You won't banish your star QB that is basically the difference between a trip to the playoffs, and a top 5 draft pick.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

It really depends who is protesting. If it was a star player, the NFL owners would have no recourse. You won't banish your star QB that is basically the difference between a trip to the playoffs, and a top 5 draft pick.

Peep my prior post. I actually stated just that. There are no protesters great enough to be blackballed. If one of the best players in the league or even a solid name QB had done so, then it would have been interesting to see what the owners would do. 

Archived