Donald Parham Jr to be released from hospital this afternoon

Dome

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

overnight hospital stay for a concussion is some very scary stuff, glad he’s gonna get to go home today and it doesn’t sound like any permanent damage was done 

Thanks for posting. Glad he’s okay 🙏

• Like 1

I hope he remembers to dress more warmly next time, even if it's for California, it can get pretty cold out there.  🙄

(Not trying to make light of Parham's injury, glad he's OK - but that was the most brutal level of commentary re: his injury last night, needs to be pointed out how bad they were).

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I hope he remembers to dress more warmly next time, even if it's for California, it can get pretty cold out there.  🙄

(Not trying to make light of Parham's injury, glad he's OK - but that was the most brutal level of commentary re: his injury last night, needs to be pointed out how bad they were).

They are company line guys. Protect the shield. Yes, Buck is a horrible person...but is there any question that he was fearful of accurate commentary on the topic?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Lows were in the 50s yesterday in LA, according to google. 

Funny how guys will shake and shiver in 50s in LA but you don’t see it in games much much colder. Buck is a toolbag.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

WTF is wrong with people like Joe Buck. Can’t there be some empathy for what happened.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Hoping for the best for him... but I have to say that is probably the least assuring "I'm good" picture I've seen given the circumstances of the injury.

A limp thumbs up from a guy who looked to have lost control of his arm function after brain damage the previous night? Eagerly waiting specifics about how he's doing, all his family said he was alert and comfortable this morning. Not like, up and moving. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xenos said:

WTF is wrong with people like Joe Buck. Can’t there be some empathy for what happened.

I think we gotta cut Buck some slack on this. It was a really scary situation to see a guy having what to many appeared to be a seizure, after a fencing response during a concussion. Nobody was in their right mind having calculated thoughts while watching that play out 

He’s spent his whole entire life being told that he **has** to fill dead air with commentary. A lot of these really bad injuries, something weird is said by a commentator because they’re trying to settle themselves down while saying something to fill dead air and not let the horror of the situation itself be the only experience of viewership. He probably said the first thing that came to mind to cut the tension. It was bad, but I don’t think it says anything about him or his intent. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

The cameraman getting right up close to his face too. 

people need to revaluate some things. Rating, views, clicks etc prioritized over basic human emotion. What are we doing?

You don’t need to zoom or linger on him.