Week 16: Browns @ Packers on Christmas Day - POSTGAME: Packers WIN 24-22! Improve to 12-3!

FAH1223

At this point, I think it's false hope to think Z is even going to play this year...at all. I guarantee the Packers are looking at this situation from a financial risk standpoint because he's a likely cap casualty next season. The Packers can't risk him getting injured again and jeopardizing their ability to release him before March next year. If Z wasn't going anywhere, I think they'd be more likely to let him play. 

Disappointing news yet again about Bakhtiari. Guy just can't seem to get the green light to play. At this point, we will be down to 2 games left in the regular season, and I'm beginning to wonder whether we'll see him at all before the playoffs...

Not surprised about Jaire. Knew there was no chance in hell they'd play him before his full 21-day IR window (which ends next Tuesday after the Browns game). Hopefully they get him out there against the Vikings or Lions because these guys need some playing time before the playoffs to shake the rust off. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely not surprised about Bak, I'm sure they want him practicing a few weeks before getting him back out there.  Disappointed that they aren't even giving a shot for JA to play.  

I guess I'm also not 'surprised' about Z, but I had a bit of hope that he could at least get some individual in now.  If we don't see him at all next week, I might write him off for good.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

At this point, I think it's false hope to think Z is even going to play this year...at all. I guarantee the Packers are looking at this situation from a financial risk standpoint because he's a likely cap casualty next season. The Packers can't risk him getting injured again and jeopardizing their ability to release him before March next year. If Z wasn't going anywhere, I think they'd be more likely to let him play. 

Disappointing news yet again about Bakhtiari. Guy just can't seem to get the green light to play. At this point, we will be down to 2 games left in the regular season, and I'm beginning to wonder whether we'll see him at all before the playoffs...

Not surprised about Jaire. Knew there was no chance in hell they'd play him before his full 21-day IR window (which ends next Tuesday after the Browns game). Hopefully they get him out there against the Vikings or Lions because these guys need some playing time before the playoffs to shake the rust off. 

I'm not surprised with JA and Bak at all. I am sure the option to get a somewhat longer week of rest was too tempting to pass up with their situations. JA seems to be the most likely of them all.

With Z, I wish he was practicing now, but Rapsheet et al have said all along even late december was part of the target.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm not surprised with JA and Bak at all. I am sure the option to get a somewhat longer week of rest was too tempting to pass up with their situations. JA seems to be the most likely of them all.

With Z, I wish he was practicing now, but Rapsheet et al have said all along even late december was part of the target.

I mean it is late December. Rapsheet said he expected both 69 an 23 to be "back" in late December. Our next game is in January and it's far from a guarantee they play next week. I'd at least like if Bakhtiari was "questionable" this week, anything to give some idea that he's at least closer to playing than he was a few weeks ago.