Week 16: Browns @ Packers on Christmas Day - POSTGAME: Packers WIN 24-22! Improve to 12-3!

FAH1223

31 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

On the game-ending no call: you could (and I've seen people) make the argument that DPJ pushed-off before the jersey tug and ran into RD, so the no-call was the right call in that scenario. When there's offsetting penalties, you either call both or call neither, as they say. I don't know that I agree with it as it's not uncommon for opposing players to lock arms when going for the ball and OPI is (almost?) never called unless it's a full-arm extension, but I've seen people make the argument online, and not just Packer fans.

The first RD INT WAS illegal contact, though and should've been a free play.

The first Rasul Douglas INT he was 'social distancing' and if Mayfield got the ball down field he would have had a big gainer because Douglas got turned around. He never made contact with anybody. 

The first you are referring to where Douglas interfered with DPJ, Savage got the INT.

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The first Rasul Douglas INT he was 'social distancing' and if Mayfield got the ball down field he would have had a big gainer because Douglas got turned around. He never made contact with anybody. 

The first you are referring to where Douglas interfered with DPJ, Savage got the INT.

Douglas seemed to indicate in the post game presser that Sullivan messed up the assignment there and he was recovering to pick up the receiver Sullivan should have stayed with based on their assignments. 

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

On the game-ending no call: you could (and I've seen people) make the argument that DPJ pushed-off before the jersey tug and ran into RD, so the no-call was the right call in that scenario. When there's offsetting penalties, you either call both or call neither, as they say. I don't know that I agree with it as it's not uncommon for opposing players to lock arms when going for the ball and OPI is (almost?) never called unless it's a full-arm extension, but I've seen people make the argument online, and not just Packer fans.

The first RD INT WAS illegal contact, though and should've been a free play.

Was that the first INT in the game?

Kelly on downblocks murdered some folks. that was fun.

Patrick in space is still lol worthy.

I like our combo blocking. Looks good.

Some of these stunts are slow mo and we still get beat by them. The right side has no chemistry.

Some 2nd level blocks that I'm curious about the rules on. Feel Like we're attacking the 2nd guy inside and skipping the "on" guy, If the RB beats the 1st guy it might be a home run but it's also harder yardage. (play at 11.43 in 2nd Q specifically, Nijman block, if anyone cares)

Deguara gonna grow into his roll if he stays healthy. He's got some blocking chops.

Winfree's ball was a catch. cant tell me otherwise.

Braden at tackle. bless his heart.

Thank the lord for Kenny.

Baker rolled his ankle pretty hard on the Chandon int. Shorty has to play on the balls of his feet, create torque trying to whip that thing in there, bad thing happen. 

Savage just guessing out here.

(Play at 7.15 of 3rd.) This alignment makes no damn sense with down and distance. If 11 has any sand in his pants you cant tell me they dont score a 70 yard run here. Barnes saves the day running DPJ over and making a tackle. I hate this play. 

I feel like Barry has a plan for Tipa's body type, Tipa just isnt a guy.

Hate that Njoku can die a slow enough death against Lancaster to gain an edge on a run. (5.58 3rd)

I give Slaton more snaps. Just tell him to sub against doubles or something. 1v1 he's way more talented than Lancaster. (and then he plays without hands the next few times I see him, wellp.)

Savage half a ***** in run fits.

Man if Stokes could catch damn near DROY.

Phantom false start play, seen them call the center head snap a few times this year. tough to call it on the non 50's player though if thats what they were going for.

Savage probably wants to forget this game. 

Winfree get's a spot on the 53 because he can run fast as a gunner and not be dumb.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I really wish I had the energy to watch our defense against the Chiefs and see what they are doing differently now. It just seems so passive... no blitzing but the ball is still finding an open guy within a second or 2. 

I think the Packers were really sticky in coverage for a few weeks there, and the ends were setting the edge better.  Aikman has commented the past few weeks about how the Packers keep leaving the edge open.  Defense the last few weeks looks like Pettine is back in charge.

Just going from memory on what I thought of that game.

#1.  Savage just was...eh...not good.  Nice to see him get a pick, but he was just guessing and throwing his body at blades of grass in the run game.

#2.  Gary really impressed me on his pass rushes.  Showed a lot of different stuff and was getting leverage.  He was looking even quicker than normal.

#3.  Chubb and that o-line are very good.  Even backups on the OL are good.  They caved the edges pretty good.  Gotta tip my hat to their run game and also thank them for allowing Baker to throw the ball as much as he did.

#4.  Not one of Stokes' better games.  He still wasn't bad at all, just expected more out of him.

#5.  Specials weren't embarrassing this game.

#6.  When getting 4 INTS and having no turnovers yourself, there is no way the game should have been that close.  No way.

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

#4.  Not one of Stokes' better games.  He still wasn't bad at all, just expected more out of him.

The play where Stokes cuts under in the EZ and shouldve had a pick. That's not teachable. Shields with size. He gave up 1 slant. Idk what was wrong with his game I thought he played damn well