Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I like McDaniels personally but the whole “let’s bring the whole NE org. mindset” is pretty blah to me.

At least with the GM there have been 2 good ones in TEN and Tampa, HC is like borderline 0fer - O'Brian as a HC was pretty good I suppose until he started trading great players for ketchup packets 

Edited by Jraider91

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

At least with the GM there have been 2 good ones in TEN and Tampa, HC is like borderline 0fer - O'Brian as a HC was pretty good I suppose until he started trading great players for ketchup packets 

More so the fact they’re hiring a GM AND HC from the Patriots. Don’t love that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing that makes me nervous for Leftwich in that situation is that unless he has some assurances that he will at least likely be the one taking over for Arians when Bruce is done, I'm not sure that his star will ever be as bright as it is now. Losing Brady is not going to go easy on that offense, so optically, if it all falls apart, he may not even be a priority in the next coaching cycle. 

Agree 100%.  Coordinators can go quickly from "can't miss" to forgotten.  Darrell Bevell OC Seattle and Teryl Austin DC Detroit? come to mind.  JAX potentially has a franchise Qb also.  However, pretty much a coach will only get 1 shot at HC.  If it goes off the rails, no matter how, a second chance highly unlikely.  Case in point, Raheem Morris.  Hired by the Bucs.  Josh Freeman -1st rd Qb selected.  Second season together 10 win season.  Complete meltdown as a team.  Raheem done.  Sure he did a cameo for ATL, but it was not a real shot at taking the reigns long-term again.  To Leftwich s credit, the offense was top 3 in scoring during Jameis's 30 for 30 season.  A lot to digest for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Agree 100%.  Coordinators can go quickly from "can't miss" to forgotten.  Darrell Bevell OC Seattle and Teryl Austin DC Detroit? come to mind.  JAX potentially has a franchise Qb also.  However, pretty much a coach will only get 1 shot at HC.  If it goes off the rails, no matter how, a second chance highly unlikely.  Case in point, Raheem Morris.  Hired by the Bucs.  Josh Freeman -1st rd Qb selected.  Second season together 10 win season.  Complete meltdown as a team.  Raheem done.  Sure he did a cameo for ATL, but it was not a real shot at taking the reigns long-term again.  To Leftwich s credit, the offense was top 3 in scoring during Jameis's 30 for 30 season.  A lot to digest for sure.

Especially coordinators like Leftwich, Morris. Get forgotten fast

I don't have an issue with McDaniels. Best of luck to him. I do have an issue with all these NFL teams deciding the BB vs Brady argument was really just about 'The Patriot Way"

Its like thinking all you needed was the triangle offense and Luc Longley and you too could be the 90s Bulls.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I like McDaniels personally but the whole “let’s bring the whole NE org. mindset” is pretty blah to me.

Yup, especially after nearly seven years of it simply not working...

• Like 1