Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

His drafts since 2016 weren’t very good. He also struggled mightily in finding a QB. Seems he got very cute on draft day in terms of accumulating later picks but that never seemed to amount to anything other than more camp bodies. Which i think was the plan, have more darts to throw in those later rounds vs keeping third and fourth round picks.

Relative to the other 31 GMs at any given time in the NFL, he was still near the top in terms of putting together a concise roster that complimented each other.

COaching sure as hell hasn't been the reason for any of the Vikings success the last 10+ years. I still maintain that Green was the last truly good Vikings head coach.

Edited by joru1000

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Not only that, but multiple coaches are getting jobs/got jobs by working under McVay. Mike McDaniel has a hand obviously under Shanny’s offense but he clearly doesn’t call plays. There’s plenty of other offensive HCs that have been/are getting gigs without being the mastermind behind it all. Usually these guys are working under coaches and get their ideas and philosophies from said coaches.

Not sure why people knock EB when plenty of other guys are doing the same thing and part of the funnel into HC gigs. If it’s underlying stuff like his past it’s one thing, but let’s not use the “playcalling/working under Reid excuse”.

Part of me wonders if Pederson and Nagy flaming out is significantly undermining EB. The guys who coached under McVay just had a very successful year as HCs. It seems like NFL teams put stock in that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

This would be a great hire for JAX. He drafts well and isn't afraid to sign players in free agency. They should honestly fire Baalke for Spielman. Spielman is still a very good GM in this league, but it was just time to move on in Minnesota. 

I’d rather have Spielman as GM than Baalke. Spielman isn’t a bad GM, I just think it got very stale the last few years and obviously what we’re hearing from Zimmer, possibly toxic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Part of me wonders if Pederson and Nagy flaming out is significantly undermining EB. The guys who coached under McVay just had a very successful year as HCs. It seems like NFL teams put stock in that. 

It’s not just McVays guys though. Hackett just got a job under Lafleur and McDaniel appears to be likely in Miami under Shanny.

The Reid tree/recent hires may be possible I guess, but still. The whole “playcalling/running the whole show” idea clearly isn’t something that’s a must for a lot of owners.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Pederson did not flame out.

His QB was a pathetic loser with megalomania who was absolutely broken as a human by Foles' success.

His GM kept trying to interfere in coaching.

• 7-9 in year 1
  • 13-3 and a Super Bowl in year 2
  • 9-7 and a playoff win on the road vs the #1 D and a close game the next week. (Jeffrey blunder)
  • 9-7 and his QB gets a cheap shot concussion on play 3 of the playoff game
  • 4-11-1 in one bad season with mass injuries and an epic QB hero ball meltdown

Andy Reid finished out in Philly at 42-37-1 in his last 5 seasons.

Pederson was 42-37-1 in his 5 seasons.

The difference in results was a Super Bowl.

AR is clearly better than Pederson. (overall history)  Pederson is clearly better than many other NFL coaches.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Pederson did not flame out.

His QB was a pathetic loser with megalomania who was absolutely broken as a human by Foles' success.

His GM kept trying to interfere in coaching.

• 7-9 in year 1
  • 13-3 and a Super Bowl in year 2
  • 9-7 and a playoff win on the road vs the #1 D and a close game the next week. (Jeffrey blunder)
  • 9-7 and his QB gets a cheap shot concussion on play 3 of the playoff game
  • 4-11-1 in one bad season with mass injuries and an epic QB hero ball meltdown

Andy Reid finished out in Philly at 42-37-1 in his last 5 seasons.

Pederson was 42-37-1 in his 5 seasons.

The difference in results was a Super Bowl.

AR is clearly better than Pederson. (overall history)  Pederson is clearly better than many other NFL coaches.

Doesn't change the fact that he got fired. You're welcome to your opinion. But it's easier for Reid guys to get hired when a guy like Pederson is winning games and a Super Bowl champion than when him and Nagy are both out of a job.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Doesn't change the fact that he got fired. You're welcome to your opinion. But it's easier for Reid guys to get hired when a guy like Pederson is winning games and a Super Bowl champion than when him and Nagy are both out of a job.

Hey, I think we should not hire EB because he might win a Super Bowl in year 2 and get fired in year 5?

Is that the takeaway? 

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

This would be a great hire for JAX. He drafts well and isn't afraid to sign players in free agency. They should honestly fire Baalke for Spielman. Spielman is still a very good GM in this league, but it was just time to move on in Minnesota. 

Really hope this happens.  My question is...who is interviewing him?

Edited by Charles
Grammar fix

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Hey, I think we should not hire EB because he might win a Super Bowl in year 2 and get fired in year 5?

Is that the takeaway? 

The takeaway is that Pederson and Nagy are both unemployed. Do I need to say that again for you to get it?

Just now, jrry32 said:

The takeaway is that Pederson and Nagy are both unemployed. Do I need to say that again for you to get it?

Logic problem.

You can have your own opinion on anything.

You seem to think you can then apply that to others.

NFL Owners and GMs don't think like you. They don't view Doug Pederson as part of a pile of AR unemployed coaching tree rejects. They want to win a Super Bowl. They know he won a Super Bowl.

I get that you have useless personal feelings to the contrary.