Jets or Giants - King of NY for next decade?

Uncle Buck

Who will be the "King of New York" during the next decade?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the "King of New York" during the next decade?

• Jets
    • Giants

5 hours ago, biggie. said:

Bills; aka the team that actually plays in New York.

The Bills are obviously far and away the best team in NY.  They would win by a landslide if they were included.  I'll just stick to analyzing the Giants and the Jets.  No offense to your team intended, Bills fans!

Edited by Uncle Buck

On 12/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, biggie. said:

Idk about Saleh but Wilson sucks. He sucks hard.

Giants have a lot of draft picks to rebuild things.

Wilson has absolutely NO help, of course he's gonna look terrible. Saleh has coached the Jets to a few victories, when the team very well could've gone winless. And a large number of draft picks is irrelevant if they're in the hands of a dysfunctional organization and bad GM.

i might be a bit biased, but i think the Jets would be the better NY team for the next decade. A GM that I believe he knows what he's doing. His 1st draft was meh, but his second draft was amazing and hopefully he's consistent in future drafts.  have faith in Zach Wilson. They have a good group of young players in Elijah Moore, AVT, Michael Carter 1 & 2, Quinnen Williams, etc. Just need to build on it. Top 5 in Cap room for 2022 to make solid moves, 5 picks in the top 70 of the draft. They have holes, but this off-season will be key for their future. I think they will be .500 team next year and playoffs in 2023/2024

The Giants are in the same place the Jets were in 8 years ago. They're going to get rid Gettleman and keep Judge and force a marriage between the new GM and Judge, which will be greatly limiting the GM pool...it's going to be Rex and Idzik all over again. They have no cap space to make moves and will likely have to cut and/or not resign key pieces. Unless Daniel Jones is lights out, they're going to have to start from scratch at the QB position

• 2 weeks later...

The Giants are also one of the worst cap situations in football. Their organization seems more dysfunctional than the Jets. Right now the Jets organization doesn't seem dysfunctional, they were just committed to rebuilding this season and started a ton of rookies and 2nd year players, while also having a massive amount of injuries.  But  top 4 in cap space and the most value in draft assets, with a front office that seems to be competent.   The Jets were dysfunctional for a decade, but right now they seem to have a direction at least. 

Edited by NYJets4716

On 12/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, NJerseypaint said:

They don't play in New York - they play in Upstate/Canada.

Say whatever you want but the fact is the Bills are inNew York unlike your New Jersey teams, address states NY on it. I mean its a massive joke cause they are both getting sued for claiming the title New York right now and they are talking about forcing them to change it to New Jersey. If you want the name pay the state taxes and actually move to New York  like the Mets, Yankees, Knicks, Nets, Islanders, and Rangers do. Its like claiming you live in NY but really you live in NJ and just work in NY.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Jets/Giants play in New Jersey. At least the Bills are in the state. 

Oh please. Buffalo and NYC might as well be different worlds. Metlife is 20 minutes outside of Manhattan.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Say whatever you want but the fact is the Bills are inNew York unlike your New Jersey teams, address states NY on it. I mean its a massive joke cause they are both getting sued for claiming the title New York right now and they are talking about forcing them to change it to New Jersey. If you want the name pay the state taxes and actually move to New York  like the Mets, Yankees, Knicks, Nets, Islanders, and Rangers do. Its like claiming you live in NY but really you live in NJ and just work in NY.

The name isn't for the state, it's for the city. Many NFL teams don't play in the city they are named for - like the Bills who play in Orchard Park.

And if NYC wanted the taxes they should've let the Jets build their stadium. They didn't so why cry about it?

Most if not all of the Jets/Giants players/coaches/FO personnel live in NJ anyway right? That's where the practice facilities, team headquarters & stadium is located.

Getting to NYC & back and back is a hassle with the traffic & tolls. 

I would guess these guys basically don't even go to NYC during the season unless its for promotional/media stuff or on their days off. 

Edited by 49ersfan