LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

4 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Doesn't necessarily mean it would automatically be someone backup; just means a team will have to be at least close to waving the white flag on this current season.

True, but even in that case I'd imagine it would likely be someone older and not a younger guy that the team is counting on for the future. If there was a team that had young depth that they want to get reps, could definitely see them moving the starting vet ahead of the deadline.

Looks like Brandon Cooks could be on his way back to the Rams. 

i think more than one move will be made. Wasn’t expecting a WR until OBJ.. hope that doesn’t change anything. 

Love that Denver trade scenario that was being talked about up there ^^ 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Looks like Brandon Cooks could be on his way back to the Rams. 

i think more than one move will be made. Wasn’t expecting a WR until OBJ.. hope that doesn’t change anything. 

Love that Denver trade scenario that was being talked about up there ^^ 

Is that actually rumored or just speculation because we checked in along with the Packers and Chiefs? 

On 10/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, JonStark said:

Is that actually rumored or just speculation because we checked in along with the Packers and Chiefs? 

I still think OBJ waits till at bare minimum past the trade deadline before signing anywhere, but I'll be honest, I'm anticipating him sitting tight until late season if/when a starting WR on one of the clear contenders goes down.  Buffalo's already down one WR they were somewhat counting on in Crowder.  If something were to happen to Gabe Davis, in particular, OBJ's a Bill, and you can take that to the bank.  Could honestly see Miami too if something happens to either Hill or Waddle, or Philly if either Brown or Smith get nicked up (this one's a definite dark horse, because their WR depth past these two is the definition of ho-hum), and I still think OBJ's going to try and come off this injury onto another 1-year/prove-it deal to go at what could well be his last "big deal" in March, as long as he stays healthy and produces.  The 2023 WR FA class is severely lacking in upper-echelon/name-value talent; it would be a smart business decision for him to take this route.

Damn it would be so stupid to trade for Cooks....

ProFootballTalk reports "there’s talk in league circles" Texans WR Brandin Cooks could be heading back to the Rams.

Cooks is willing to take less guaranteed money in 2023 in order to return to L.A, while the Texans could eat some of his salary to get a higher draft pick. Cooks spent 2018-2019 with the Rams, posting a career-high 1,204 yards in his first season, and would give the Rams a downfield presence to take coverage away from Cooper Kupp. Trading for Cooks would mean the Rams won't be re-signing free agent Odell Beckham. The Packers have also been linked to Cooks ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.

11 hours ago, JonStark said:

Cooks is still awesome but we need to address EDGE, IOL, and RB before we go for a WR, especially with Van coming back. 

Depends on what's available.  I agree, before we go burning Day 2 picks those should be greater priorities.  However, given Cooks' contract, the fact that Jefferson isn't going to just walk right back in in the condition that he left, bolstering the WR corps (because OBJ isn't coming back, sorry folks) isn't the worst thing.

I just don't want us sacrificing picks that can actually be beneficial to us at areas we do need to address long-term (IOL, RB, safety flexibility - mainly, we keep investing in the position so that we don't have to heavily invest contract-wise in extension at that position).