LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

Trade Akers + future to Min for Garrett Bradbury OL.

Trade 2023 4th for Kareem Hunt that could possibly turn into 3rd if certain criteria are met.

VJ comes back after Bye. Brian Allen comes back after Bye.

Sign OBJ.

Rams are back in contention. I'm not worried about looking bad against the top 3 scoring defenses in the league with practice squad guys at LG, RG, and C. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Trade Akers + future to Min for Garrett Bradbury OL.

Trade 2023 4th for Kareem Hunt that could possibly turn into 3rd if certain criteria are met.

VJ comes back after Bye. Brian Allen comes back after Bye.

Sign OBJ.

Rams are back in contention. I'm not worried about looking bad against the top 3 scoring defenses in the league with practice squad guys at LG, RG, and C. 

Love all of it, I'm just worried about the report that OBJ wants a Gallup-like contract. 5/62M would be a lot with already paying Robinson.

I'll die on the hill that AR still could be great, but Mcvay doesn't know how to use him. He's never been a separator, but I thought he could be a Calvin-lite for Stafford. It's clear that's not going to happen, so I'd be down to trade him somewhere else to help free up money for Odell. Maybe to KC for Hardman + pick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Looks like LA has shown interest in CMC. Not too surprised lol 

On one hand, CMC is a great HB when healthy, only 26 years old, and an incredible weapon in the passing game. That's valuable to us. On the other, I wouldn't want to give up a lot of draft compensation for a HB who has had major injury issues of late. It's a tough call. CMC has Faulk-like upside, but Faulk wasn't injury prone before the trade.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 1:48 PM, BStanRamFan said:

Against the Buffalo Bills? Yeah, no $hit. Also the first time that line played together. Takes some time for cohesion.

You're not an optimist about anything, I don't understand why this season would be any different.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:47 AM, stl4life07 said:

You got to give those guys chances to gel. Week 1 was literally the first time Noteboom, Edwards, Allen, Coleman, and Havenstein all started at their positions together in a live game.

Just think about this for a second, the Chiefs revamped their OL last offseason and it took awhile for their starting five to gel. While they were gelling, Mahomes threw 10 ints with 2 fumbles lost and was sacked 16 times through the first 8 games. Essentially the second half of the season when you felt like the OL started to finally get that chemistry together Mahomes threw 3 ints and was sacked 12 times. And we definitely knew the Chiefs OL just by individual talent is far better than the Rams.

Look at the Bengals OL this season. They went out and got upgrades at their OL but again they need time to gel. So we are seeing Burrow get sacked a ton bc their starting 5 dont have enough live game action together as starters. So as the season goes along we think they will get better and better.

So the thing with the Rams is they need to get healthy on the OL and then have their starting 5 gel together. The main reason the Rams OL has been top 10 under McVay is bc they had the same starting 5 every single game. Those guys had chemistry together as a unit. Right now they dont. Nothing is going to get solved until the Rams get their starters back on the OL and they build chemistry together.

I sound negative as always but last year the OL wasn't good at open running lane. Why do you think this year with a OL that is weaker than last year, the running game will be better ? 

I mean you see w1 the level of the OL, they had the whole offseason to practice and build chemistry, they know the system not like Bengals OL that most were outside the organisation. 

I don't see how we will improve this ol with players in our roster right now. 

On 10/13/2022 at 2:28 PM, JonStark said:

I really don't understand Mcvay's refusal to run RB screens, especially when the IOL isn't playing well. 

He throws Higs 3-4 per game and uses the WR screen all the time. 

He gave up the RB screen for 2 years now.....i saw 1 RB screen this year...i don't know why he gave up these plays...nobody is asking him this...

Also, the toss play, outside run, he called 1 or 2 by game, it's very effective but he didn't call for more...

8 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Looks like LA has shown interest in CMC. Not too surprised lol 

It would be a waste of picks if we do this....we drafted Williams for a reason. 

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

On one hand, CMC is a great HB when healthy, only 26 years old, and an incredible weapon in the passing game. That's valuable to us. On the other, I wouldn't want to give up a lot of draft compensation for a HB who has had major injury issues of late. It's a tough call. CMC has Faulk-like upside, but Faulk wasn't injury prone before the trade.

I agree. I wonder what the asking price is. Akers and a 2 and I’d be pretty happy. Probably not enough though I assume. 

On 10/16/2022 at 10:05 AM, Flounch said:

I sound negative as always but last year the OL wasn't good at open running lane. Why do you think this year with a OL that is weaker than last year, the running game will be better ? 

I mean you see w1 the level of the OL, they had the whole offseason to practice and build chemistry, they know the system not like Bengals OL that most were outside the organisation. 

I don't see how we will improve this ol with players in our roster right now. 

He gave up the RB screen for 2 years now.....i saw 1 RB screen this year...i don't know why he gave up these plays...nobody is asking him this...

Also, the toss play, outside run, he called 1 or 2 by game, it's very effective but he didn't call for more...

It would be a waste of picks if we do this....we drafted Williams for a reason. 

We drafted Kyren Williams to replace Henderson when he leaves as a FA after the year.

24 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Idk if I would give that much up for him. He's shown flashes of elite level play at times, but that's a big commitment. 

Yeah but I think it has to be a decent amount. Burns is 24, he could easily be part of the Panthers rebuild. If they are going to move on from him then it has to be more than a late first. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Yeah but I think it has to be a decent amount. Burns is 24, he could easily be part of the Panthers rebuild. If they are going to move on from him then it has to be more than a late first. 

What's the NFL's rule on trading futures?

If I was Carolina (or any team), I would want our 2025 FRP. Bet on the tank and not on us being competitive next two years. That's REALLY mortgaging your future, but they do that all the time in the NBA. NFL should allow protections and then we can start shipping 1st rounders well into 2027 lol