LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

Welp. Just going to sit here and get outbid by everyone apparently. CMC sure would have been nice. Chubb would have been nice. Gonna get cooks now for no reason at all

not having a 2023 first rounder is killing us 

Edited by MDY10

55 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Little less than 2 hours to go. Starting to feel the same 

At this point I'm hoping they just batten down the hatches and chalk this season up to "re-tooling."  I'd only be looking at modest grabs for potentially surplus guys on teams that have shown themselves to be sellers already - and even then, I'd want at least 1 full inexpensive year still on the acquired player's contract.  If Denver's willing to deal Dalton Risner (who is an RFA after this season, and they have Cushenberry and Glasgow under contract and recent draft pick investments into Meinerz, Wattenberg, and Muti) for a Day 3 pick, then I'm game.  But I'm not premium-player hunting until April if I'm us.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

At this point I'm hoping they just batten down the hatches and chalk this season up to "re-tooling."  I'd only be looking at modest grabs for potentially surplus guys on teams that have shown themselves to be sellers already - and even then, I'd want at least 1 full inexpensive year still on the acquired player's contract.  If Denver's willing to deal Dalton Risner (who is an RFA after this season, and they have Cushenberry and Glasgow under contract and recent draft pick investments into Meinerz, Wattenberg, and Muti) for a Day 3 pick, then I'm game.  But I'm not premium-player hunting until April if I'm us.

Not sure how I feel about not making a move at all. Really thought they’d do something. This probably means no obj too. Not sure why he’d ever want to come back. This team lost its chance to get better. Now we try to roll with absolutely no help for AD and our starting running back is Kyren Williams who’s behind the one of the worst lines in the league. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

I knew EDGE or OL would be tough to address, but I'm shocked we didn't do anything with the RB position. We must be putting a lot of faith in Kyren because my guess is that Akers will probably just be cut. 

Not sure how to not feel like this season is over. Not making a move at all is insane. Akers said he doesn’t want to continue with the team. Imo he’s still the best rb on the team, regardless of how bad he was early

Just now, MDY10 said:

Not sure how to not feel like this season is over. Not making a move at all is insane. Akers said he doesn’t want to continue with the team. Imo he’s still the best rb on the team, regardless of how bad he was early

At least we didn't trade more capital for Cooks. 

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

At least we didn't trade more capital for Cooks. 

Agreed there. 

on the plus side, this off-season should be fun. I’m assuming after about a .500 season we make a lot of moves to get right for the following year. That said, if things don’t get better right now, the off season is going to feel like it’s years away. 

Teams knew we were desperate and probably tried to get us to overpay. The Chubb price would have been insane to match/exceed. 

It seems like we are going to end up cutting Akers and I really don't see why it is coming to that. 

Here is the lesson the Rams have to learn, you cannot go into the season with obvious holes and hope to just make a trade midseason to fix it. The EDGE position was never good enough. Even if we just kept Ogbo we'd be in a better spot as he can take Hollins 3rd down snaps. 

14 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Not sure how I feel about not making a move at all. Really thought they’d do something. This probably means no obj too. Not sure why he’d ever want to come back. This team lost its chance to get better. Now we try to roll with absolutely no help for AD and our starting running back is Kyren Williams who’s behind the one of the worst lines in the league. 

OBJ was never coming unless we were flying out the gates to a staggering lead in the division right now.  Coming off the injury, his first priority was always going to be making sure he put himself in the best position to get a big pay-day in 2023 (weak FA WR class, at that).  He's going to sign another 1-year/rest-of-season prove-it deal with whatever team offers him the best opportunity to shine and throw up monster stats to bolster his leverage for the spring.  If he doesn't end up in Buffalo, Philly, or Baltimore I'll be really surprised.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, it seems the Rams are giving up on contending this year. Great.

Is there a move that was made that you would have matched an equivalent of? The only one that seemed intriguing to me was Hockenson for the swaps. We currently have no TE2 that is worth playing but he'd give us a lot of variety on different personnel and think he'd help in a run/PA pass approach. Also has some experience with Stafford.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, it seems the Rams are giving up on contending this year. Great.

I dont think the Rams are giving up on contending this season. I would say just no deals came about. They put their offer out there for CMC but he wanted to go to the Niners. They gave up big trade offer for Burns but the Panthers declined. I remember when the Raiders declined the Rams offer for Mack. Teams do have the right to decline no matter what.

Moving forward though I think the Rams still need to continue to get healthy and just play better. They have the talent on the roster. We all talk about defense but the Rams have a top 5 defense in the NFL. Top 3 against the pass and like top 7 against the run. They would be top 10 in ppg if the offense and special teams didnt give up scores.

It just comes down to the Rams continue to get healthy and play better. Get Akers butt back on the team and hope a fire is lit for him to play better. ARob need to play better. Stafford dont turn the ball over. I can live with a no turnover, only getting sacked twice game like he had against the Niners. The defense need to start forcing turnovers. Catch those ints and recover those fumbles. This team can still win. Yes I wouldve loved for them to make a move or two and maybe it wouldve sparked something in this team. At the end of the day they have the players they just need to play better. Then obviously OBJ is still out there so go bring him back.

• Like 1