LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm personally starting to get a bit nervous on Robinson. It did take awhile for both Woods and OBJ to settle in with the offense/Stafford so I know that still could be the case but he just doesn't look like he's getting much separation. And he's not getting enough looks to make contested grabs. 

I bought a lot of Robinson stock. I'm not selling right now but I'm also not buying the dip.

53 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Give it time on ARob imo. Our lack of preseason starter action is showing. I think the biggest issue is McVay and Stafford using him right. We all know that Krupp is great and Stafford will single him out too much at times. I think very soon ARob will have a breakout game and somewhat quiet the critics.

Im on the same page as both of you. I find it hard to believe that he isn't going to pan out. 1k yards many times with significantly worse QB play. And that includes his college days. What annoyed me vs the Cards was that he got a great opportunity to score and was as open as you can be for a slant inside the 5 and couldn't take advantage. If its the offense he hasn't grasped yet, then fine... but not making the easy plays as well isn't good. Everyone drops a pass on occasion though. Just can't happen much more lol  

• Like 1

After 3 weeks, im Curious if anyone has any thoughts on the performance of any players so far? I have a few that im wondering how you guys feel about so far - 

Noteboom - I feel like we havant heard his name too much since week 1, which is a good thing. he even had a small injury but seems to have settled in a bit more. 

The Oline in general - With guys like Shelton stepping in and having players in and out, I've been kind of impressed after week 1. Niners week will be a huge test. They have a great defense. 

Bobby Wagner - Ive been up and down here. I wasn't sure if I should believe the whole "he's lost a step" but at times I think I do see it. however at times he also looks very good. 

Lewis/Hollins - Id say Lewis is probably winning this battle, no??

Fuller - Little concerned with Fuller after believing he was breaking out the last couple years. Not even listed as a starter... but is that because of the injury he currently has?

Rapp - Don't think ill ever be a big fan of Rapp. He's usually a liability but I do love his tackling ability. Pretty much the same as always here. 

Scott- Arguably one of my favorite payers so far this year aside from the typical stars. Could be because im a PSU fan, but imo he's made a big impact on the defense ever since last years playoff run

Corners - Im not thrilled with CB play but its expected. They're all crazy young and missing Troy Hill at the moment. The young guys really stepped in vs the Cards though and held their own. Still the area that makes me most nervous on defense. 

• Like 1

If Allen comes back, we are close to the week 1 starters as I don't think there is a noticeable drop off between Shelton and Jackson. Still, we are worried about the line at full strength and it will be quite the test against Dallas. The gameplan has to be to get them protected.

I keep thinking about the 2019 game @ SF. We did a ton of rollouts. Goff was very sharp (outside of the brutal pick 6) executing that and that SF defense was comparable to this year. I am not saying that is the answer but I think the offense can be designed to still work with the line we have against strong defenses. 

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34764907

NFL Execs believe OBJ will re-sign with the Rams in November because he is needed.

I agree. If we get him and VJ back, plus get healthy at iOL I think we get back on track. Still see the ceiling as Wild Card team.

We've played piss poor against the top 3 scoring defenses in the league (Buf, SF, Dal). So yes it has been ugly, but for good reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34764907

NFL Execs believe OBJ will re-sign with the Rams in November because he is needed.

I agree. If we get him and VJ back, plus get healthy at iOL I think we get back on track. Still see the ceiling as Wild Card team.

We've played piss poor against the top 3 scoring defenses in the league (Buf, SF, Dal). So yes it has been ugly, but for good reason. 

The knock on the Rams under McVay has always been the Rams arent all that physical. Rams got pushed around last season by the Niners, Titans, and Packers. Not to mention they lost to the Cards. Then we saw the Rams struggle against the Vikings and Ravens late in the season.

To me this team can and will get pushed around by teams that are more physical. The Rams OL imo has never been known to be top 5 in terms of talent. Yes we had Whitworth as an all-pro future hof'er but outside of him we only had maybe Saffold back in the day as a pro bowl caliber player. Our OL really is based on scheme, playing together every game, and developing the guys up to be good enough to be capable starters. If the Rams had an OL like the Eagles we would be deadly. So what the Rams need is to get Noteboom, Edwards, Allen, Coleman, and Havenstein all back on the field healthy playing together game after game after game. Snap after snap after snap and I think the Rams OL will be decent. Not top 10 but around league average. Then getting potentially OBJ and Van back will help.

I think the ceiling depends on the matchup in the playoffs. The Bucs are a great matchup for the Rams. The Rams have killed the Bucs. You can say the OL but two times the Rams faced the Bucs in Tampa they played without Whitworth. Noteboom was the starting LT and Goff and Stafford still had great games. Noteboom had a great game in the playoffs when he stepped in for Whitworth at Tampa. I wouldnt mind the Rams facing Dallas again bc in the playoffs Dallas has shown nothing they do in the regular season matters bc they find a way to stink it up in the playoffs. Cousins choke in big time games so I wouldnt mind the Vikings. We shall see about the Eagles. I want to see Hurts in a big time playoff game before I crown the Eagles. The only two teams Id be worry about in the playoffs is at Green Bay against the Packers and playing the Niners anywhere lol. So in short the ceiling for a healthy Rams is avoiding going to Green Bay and the Niners. The Eagles TBD but I do believe they have what it takes to win but come playoff time we just never know how Hurts will look. We never know how the HC will coach.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, Flounch said:

Well at this point there's nothing to say, it's a fail on FA, Draft and coaching. 

Even fans at stadium is a failure...it's a shame that a team that just win a SB has no fans coming up in Sofi, it's pretty embarassing...

The sky isnt falling my Rams friend. As I already mentioned, last season the Niners came into the season as alot of people favs to come out of the NFC. They started (2-3) just like the Rams. They lost 4 straight and 6 out of 7. They were (3-5) through basically the halfway mark. Everyone left them for dead. It took them coming from 17pts down the last game of the season just to sneak into the playoffs. They became the most dangerous team in the NFL and they got into the playoffs and beat the Cowboys, beat the Packers, and had a 10pt 4th quarter lead against the Rams. Had they won the game they more than likely wouldve beat the Bengals and won the Superbowl. Again the same team that was left for dead early in the season.

So lets wait to see as the season goes along and the Rams get healthier and see if Les is going to make some moves before the trading deadline to get this team some help. Lets see what happens before we bury this team. Dont make the same mistake last season when people was burying this team after losing three straight. People was burying this team when they struggled to beat the Vikings and Ravens. People buried this team when they blew that 17pt lead to the Niners. People buried this team bc Stafford led the NFL in ints and kept throwing pick 6's. All they did was win the Superbowl and people had to admit how wrong they were. Not saying the Rams are elite but they arent dead.

22 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The sky isnt falling my Rams friend. As I already mentioned, last season the Niners came into the season as alot of people favs to come out of the NFC. They started (2-3) just like the Rams. They lost 4 straight and 6 out of 7. They were (3-5) through basically the halfway mark. Everyone left them for dead. It took them coming from 17pts down the last game of the season just to sneak into the playoffs. They became the most dangerous team in the NFL and they got into the playoffs and beat the Cowboys, beat the Packers, and had a 10pt 4th quarter lead against the Rams. Had they won the game they more than likely wouldve beat the Bengals and won the Superbowl. Again the same team that was left for dead early in the season.

So lets wait to see as the season goes along and the Rams get healthier and see if Les is going to make some moves before the trading deadline to get this team some help. Lets see what happens before we bury this team. Dont make the same mistake last season when people was burying this team after losing three straight. People was burying this team when they struggled to beat the Vikings and Ravens. People buried this team when they blew that 17pt lead to the Niners. People buried this team bc Stafford led the NFL in ints and kept throwing pick 6's. All they did was win the Superbowl and people had to admit how wrong they were. Not saying the Rams are elite but they arent dead.

There's so much issue right now...and i don't see how we will improve this Oline. Niners last year didn't have the same issue as us this year. We have no protection and no running game. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

There's so much issue right now. 

There's one major issue and it stems from our iOL being injured and our backups/3rd stringers are not very good. Everything else stems from that (Stafford turnovers, no run game).

There's a minor issue with the secondary also being injured and playing backups/3rd stringers, but we've actually faired pretty well defensively outside of the Bills.

and i don't see how we will improve this Oline. 

We will get healthier. We will run more play action.

. We have no protection and no running game. 

See above. 

11 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

There's one major issue and it stems from our iOL being injured and our backups/3rd stringers are not very good. Everything else stems from that (Stafford turnovers, no run game).

There's a minor issue with the secondary also being injured and playing backups/3rd stringers, but we've actually faired pretty well defensively outside of the Bills.

We will get healthier. We will run more play action.

See above. 

Week 1, the OL was healthy and we still get pressure on Stafford and no running game....

I'm not optimist about this season...